Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Do you guys wear leather jackets at home?

El Marro

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Not so much anymore. I generally like to keep my house warm enough so that I am walking around in a T-shirt most of the time. when I got into this habit a few years ago, though I absolutely wore my jackets every second I could, lots of couch time.

Helix

Familiar Face
This winter my energy bills have increased 2-3x over previous years. Here in NorCal PG&E is just killing us with the gas rates this year so I've had to keep the thermostat lower than normal. The only silver lining is this means I can wear my jackets around the house without my family thinking I'm a lunatic :)

TLW '90

Practically Family
I do frequently wear jackets leather or otherwise at home, especially out in the workshop though that will generally be one of my beaters.
More often than not though , it's the vest I have on under my jacket that I'm wearing at home.

I do not like hoodies and haven't worn one since I was a teenager, of I'm not wearing a jacket or vest it will be the wool commando sweater.

TLW '90

Practically Family
This winter my energy bills have increased 2-3x over previous years. Here in NorCal PG&E is just killing us with the gas rates this year so I've had to keep the thermostat lower than normal. The only silver lining is this means I can wear my jackets around the house without my family thinking I'm a lunatic :)
At least you have central heating and air.
I have a heater but haven't used it in 20 years, so I use space heaters.
For the living room I recently got a cool TV / media stand with a built in faux fireplace heater.
A few years back PG&E tested the heater for me and said it's working fine, but the cost is just too high.

The past couple weeks we've had so much rain here in norcal that I have just been staying inside when I'm not at work which means only my work jackets have been worn aside from quick trips to the grocery store or post office.
The good old woodland m65 field jacket and work issued rain jacket have been keeping me warm / dry.

TLW '90

Practically Family
A fair bit but I'm also someone who will wear a sports jacket or casual wool jacket by myself at home sometimes.

I've never understood the assumption that home clothes have to be sweatpants or shorts.
I don't even own sweat pants, and unless I'm in bed trying to sleep I'm fully dressed in real clothes.

pants and a belt, a hat on my head, handkerchief flashlight pocket knife and pocket organizer in my pocket.
My attention span is too short to just sit in my Lay-Z-Boy all day.
I never know when I'll want to tinker on something in my workshop or whatever.

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I don't even own sweat pants, and unless I'm in bed trying to sleep I'm fully dressed in real clothes.

I bought a pair three years ago, wore it once for under ten minutes. It seems to be quite well-made, as sweat pants go, but I can't wear them.

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
Yes when in a mission to break in a new leather, otherwise i dont mix leather jacket and sandals, as long as i still wearing my boots the jacket would be on too if i happen to wear one. if i would have leather vest tho I think I would wear it all day everyday, it just upgrade simple t-shirt and whatever pants into next level outfit even when paired with sandals.

Last edited:

willyto

One Too Many
Not unless I'm breaking them in and I'm wearing a collared shirt/pyjama. I do not like to wear leather jackets without something that covers my neck, the collars get all greasy and dirty.

Surprisingly I haven't been wearing them this season although it's cold at home because I don't have gas/electrinc heating and I don't plan on getting one because of the electricity bills. I'm wearing wool cardigans and robes instead.

Brandrea33

One Too Many
I don't do it with old broken in jackets, but when i have a new jacket i break it in wearing it at home....
Same here.

Nothing like listening to music with a new leather jacket …

85988CE0-D9A3-4125-946C-39FCEE06934C.jpeg

TLW '90

Practically Family
Yes when in a mission to break in a new leather, otherwise i dont mix leather jacket and sandals, as long as i still wearing my boots the jacket would be on too if i happen to wear one. if i would have leather vest tho I think I would wear it all day everyday, it just upgrade simple t-shirt and whatever pants into next level outfit even when paired with sandals.
Solution, don't wear sandals ;)

Worf

I'll Lock Up
At home yes.... in the house... rarely. Only if I get a new or "new to me" jacket do I wear it around the house. I will switch jackets during the day since I'm retired. This morning I wore a Filson "Tin Cloth" chore coat because of a bit of morning drizzle. This afternoon I wore a horsehide Wested Indy jacket, just to get her some wear.

Worf

FOXTROT LAMONT

One Too Many
a Londoner who wears a Belstaff beater and a second jacket, a wrinkled Aero A2 horse in house.
Also, sweaters. Several commando ters from para regiment days. Picked up the A2 Aero in New York during
a biz. Turn down heat, save some quid. I love these, wear comfortable like hell.

Flying Monkey

New in Town
Of course I wear jackets in the house. Usually with a worn out pair of gym shorts and an oversized t shirt. Wife and kids are used to it. They think its whacked out, but they're used to it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk