Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Do you guys wear leather jackets at home?

MrProper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
If I have a jacket new, then it already happens that I wear it at home. Even when I'm in the office, it can be that I do not take off my jackets.

Observe

One Too Many
I wear leather jackets at home sometimes, but oftentimes I'm just chilling in my sweats at home. When it's cool enough in my office to permit wearing them, I will do it there. Most social engagements, weather and decorum permitting, I will try to wear a leather jacket. I don't have a massive rotation, still working on my collection (only 3 right now), so the impetus to put some wear on pieces on a daily basis isn't as strong for me as others. From 2021-22 I bought and sold/returned 8 different leather jackets; none were keepers for me. I'm trying to be more selective and learn from my mistakes and experiences.

TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead

Call Me a Cab
guilty as charged. I might scar you with this visual, but in the dead of summer, boxer shorts and a leather jacket LOL.

Like most said though, mostly if it's brand new and I'm trying to get some wears on it. This year with some of the IH flannels purchases I made, I started wearing flannels instead most of the time. Much more comfortable LOL.

Daniel Veit

One of the Regulars
I don't usally simply because it's too warm to wear them comfortably and a thin merino is more conveniant.
Exeption wearing in sleeves using the waterspray method.

Yango

One of the Regulars
I wear a hoodie. They’re super comfortable to lounge around in. My leather jackets are for outside and motorcycle riding.

Guppy

I'll Lock Up
If you were at home for the day and know your not going out, would you still wear a leather jacket or choose something more comfortable e.g. a hoodie? Why / why not?

Obviously not looking for a right answer, just interesting to hear different viewpoints
Lol, I do sometimes put on a jacket just to put some time on it. Helps to break it in. And makes me feel like the thousands of dollars I've spent on them are going to good use. It is a bit ridiculous, but no one's around to know it, so who cares. I hear some guys like to wear ladies underwear. As long as it's not hurting anyone...

newtojackets

Practically Family
guilty as charged. I might scar you with this visual, but in the dead of summer, boxer shorts and a leather jacket LOL.

Like most said though, mostly if it's brand new and I'm trying to get some wears on it. This year with some of the IH flannels purchases I made, I started wearing flannels instead most of the time. Much more comfortable LOL.
Lol, I do sometimes put on a jacket just to put some time on it. Helps to break it in. And makes me feel like the thousands of dollars I've spent on them are going to good use. It is a bit ridiculous, but no one's around to know it, so who cares. I hear some guys like to wear ladies underwear. As long as it's not hurting anyone...
@TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead is probably thinking 'why not both?'

When I have a new jacket that needs to be broken in, I will wear it in the morning whilst I sip my coffee. Once my wife and daughter wake up, I scurry to the closet to hang it up. I refuse to be made fun of in my own home and those two go straight for the jugular. But that first hour...quiet and dark, steam rising off my coffee, and the aroma of a new leather jacket filling my lungs....pure heaven. It's like Christmas morning before the kids wake up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21