Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Do you have a crush?

pgoat

One Too Many
I haven't had a crush in a long long time but for about two weeks in 1989 or so I suffered through multiple chain-viewings of this monstrosity just so I could sigh and swoon over this lil minx (Britta Phillips):

britta.jpg

She later popped up as the bassist of Luna......

luna01-350.jpg

.....where she continued making many a fan boy's jaw drop across the country. Alas for them, she is firmly hooked up with Dean Wareham, and they have made a happy couple for many years (they also loooook maahhhhhvellousss, imho):
arar01_dean_britta.jpg

If you like reading about crushes/wishes coming true Dean tells his story in the new issue of GQ (? - with Daniel Day Lewis on the cover) I was just skimming the article in the supermarket which reminded me of my youthful obssession and this thread....

Sadly, I did NOT know that Dean left a wife and young son to hook up with his bassist......oh, well.....everything has a price, I guess.....[huh]

$ally

One Too Many
Blackjack said:
After reading these posts and seeing all the lovely ladies here, I think I can say yes, I definitely have a crush going on one of these FL cuties!!!!
It's me isn't it? ;) :p

LolitaHaze

Call Me a Cab
pgoat said:
I haven't had a crush in a long long time but for about two weeks in 1989 or so I suffered through multiple chain-viewings of this monstrosity just so I could sigh and swoon over this lil minx (Britta Phillips):

britta.jpg

She later popped up as the bassist of Luna......

luna01-350.jpg

.....where she continued making many a fan boy's jaw drop across the country. Alas for them, she is firmly hooked up with Dean Wareham, and they have made a happy couple for many years (they also loooook maahhhhhvellousss, imho):
arar01_dean_britta.jpg

Don't forget the best part about Britta Phillips is that she was the singing voice of Jem!
5182e5tcYcL__AA280_.jpg

pgoat

One Too Many
Re: Jem

I've never seen that, but yes, for a long time that was the only thing available on the web about her (Other than ugh- Satisfaction). Now of course there's been a lot of Luna and their husband-wife projects online.

I should point out in addition to being cute as a button, playing a feisty character well in that movie, I was smitten by the fact that she hands-down did the best job of 'fake' guitar playing in any film I have ever seen (I play, so I know). Ralph Maccio and Sean Penn were a total joke in comparison.

Steve Cropper plays the bartender in Satisfaction - and the girl band plays a lot of old Stax stuff, so I thought mebbe Steve coached them in where to put their hands (Trini Alvarado does a decent drumming thing, though Julia Roberts looks ridiculous with the bass....). But it turns out Britta was already playing in bands, hence her obviously knowing what she was doing....

not a big deal in retrospect, but nice to see after cringing through so many awful scenes in films for many years. Actors faking musical instruments and athletic pursuits is a real pet peeve of mine.....get someone who can do it convincingly for God's sake (e.g. I am thinking of Katharine Hepburn in Pat and Mike - she looked totally natural alongside a real athlete [Babe Didrikson] and that made the film so much better imho....)

Barney

New in Town
Somewhat embarrassing

Although I have posted in the WWII section, I thought that I should show a more sensitive side to me, even though it is rather embarrassing; my wife dosen't even know this. I have had a crush on Jessica Rabbit since her movie debut.

funneman

Practically Family
Crushes?

Vintage: Lauren Bacall
Modern: Nicole Kidman

And finally, what man could not help but get all gushy given the amazing number of incredible looking woman here in the lounge.

:D

$ally

One Too Many
Helen, Zaika, Desi: While I don't share your crush on Jack Black at all, I completely agree that personality can really get ya. I've had a crush on Cab Calloway since I was a little girl because of his stage presence.

MrNewportCustom

Call Me a Cab
LocktownDog said:
Never heard of the Dollyrots, and she looks awfully young for me. When it comes to singers, I gotta throw in my two cents for Diana Krall. Mr. Costello be damned! :eek:

8789497-8789500-large.jpg

I agree wholeheartedly, Lockdown! The first of her CDs that I bought, I picked up because of her picture on the cover. I bought it because I recognized many of the titles. I've purchased more because of her voice.

And, I must admit, I have a bit of a crush on her.
love0031.gif

Lee

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
LadyStardust said:
After much waffling, I've come to the conclusion that yes, I officially do have a crush on Joel McHale.
AOL_Soup.jpg

More his personality and outrageous snark, but really, I think he's great overall.

I could see that actually....

CharlesB

Suspended
pretty faythe said:
Why ruin a perfectly good friendship with confusions of lust and the heart?
Because...
A- you only get one shot at this life

and

B- what we all want out of our ideal mate is a partner and the best partners are best friends.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy