Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Do you have a set beauty routine?

CanadaDoll

Practically Family
GOK said:
Face gets scrubbed/exfoliated with Lush's Angels on Bare Skin, body gets washed with either a Lush shower gel (Old Blue Skies Is Back is the current fave if I'm not going to be putting perfume on after.

Oh I love Lush!!!:) They brought back Snowcake soap and Snow Fairy gel for Christmas, and I've been stocking up.:D

For me, I wash my face, am currently trying to find a decent cleanser. Brush teeth. Moisturise with oil of olay, and am looking for a new sunscreen, since I started reacting to mine:rage:

MAC studio fix powder foundation
Jest eyeshadow, and Swish on the crease
Fiberrich mascara
Fill in brows with some random pencil I picked uplol
Lips are either MAC Ruby Woo, or NewYork Apple. With Softlips balm underneath and or on top, depending on how dry my lips are.

Perfume is currently Thierry Mugler Alien
Nails are clear or sheer pink as I can't find a red that looks good on my stubby fingerslol

Then the hair goes into a sloppy bun, cause I can't figure out the 40's hair:(
And the silly stylist I went to gave me the whole heroine chic look:eek: , the dark color was fab, but the layers were limp and I can't do anything with them.

At night,

Remove everything with whatever I'm trying, while in shower
Lather with Snowcake or Snow Fairy:D
Brush teeth
Moisturise with Lubriderm Sea Kelp lotion, and face with oil of olay age defying(or something like that) How sad I'm not even 21 and worried about wrinkles!:eek:

Any tips on the hair problem would be great, I'm trying to figure out how to do the rolls at the front sides.:)

TabbyKat

New in Town
Wow. This is great. Its nice to see other gals spend as much time (if not more) on their makeup as I do!

Mine consists of...

Brush teeth
Wash face with DHC soap bar.
Apply light layer of virgin olive oil and DHC Eye Bright
Let that soak in then apply DHC Velvet Skin Coat (It really preps the skin for makeup by smoothing it out, filling in creases and/or small acne scars.) I put it on my eyelids and my lips too.
Smoke a ciggy while it all soaks in and whatnot.
Smear on whatever brand of foundation I am currently using, followed ALWAYS by a coat of Coty Airspun powder in Translucent.
Some shade of blush (depends on mood)
Eyeshadow (Mostly tan shades, and maybe green sometimes)
Eyeliner (Rarely liquid, usually kohl)
Mascara (Lengthening or plain old stuff)
Then lipliner (Some kind of red) Around and inside lip line. Cover my whole mouth.
A little bit of powder on the lips, blow off, top with coat of Ruby Red from some limited edition Elizabeth Taylor set.
Blot, powder, repeat.
Then comb out hair (Rag curls) Spritz with curl-shaping gel spray, dab of Blue Waltz on pulse points, and done!:p

TabbyKat

New in Town
BegintheBeguine said:
Love that Elizabeth Taylor Ruby Red lipstick. Also love the nail polish that matches it.

Awww yes. Adore the stuff. Can't wear it to my job though. I am a maid and anything on my nails just kinda slides off at the end of the day from my hands being in gloves. :rolleyes:

CanadaDoll

Practically Family
Well, as I mentioned in my last post, I am searching for a good cleanser, and after reading all you ladies' glowing reports of cold cream I thought I'd try, so I picked up a Pond's Normal to Dry skin cold cream.

I must admit I was very skeptical about putting lotion on my face to remove the layer of oil, makeup, dead skin, dirt, dust and car exhaust :eek: from my face, but I think I'm converted, I had it on for a mere sixty seconds, and all my mascara was completely melted off! my makeup was smearing the jar as i was applying it. and my skin is so smooth now, not at all tight even after some serious Mint Julep scrubbing!!!!:D

Thanks for your posts ladies, I'll update as I use more of it, but it seems like I'm on my way to pretty skin thanks to y'all.:D

olive bleu

One Too Many
I try to be low maintenence, but i like products that work.this is my routine right now:

1.) Cleanse in a.m. with L'occitane olive daily cleanser
2.) moisturize with L'Occitane Olive Radiance Moisturizing Cream/or Honey Face Cream.
3.) put on eye cream (either L'Occitane or Avon)
4.) use a cover stick to even out spots
5.) apply eyeshadow, black Mascara, Besame rouge, and Besame Merlot lipstick

That's it for face in the a.m.

for the rest of me:

1.) wash hair with Kiss MY Face shampoo
2.) wash body with Camay beauty bar on a scrubby mitt
3.) cover myself head to toe in Calypso Cocoa butter body lotion

Hair right now is a pixie cut:eusa_doh: (don't ask) to which i goop with Bed head manipulator and let hair dry naturally( I have wavy hair so this works ok.

at night, i wash face again apply the honey cream eye cream, crabtree&Evelyn Nantucket handcream...and off to beddie bye.

about twice a week, i use my foot spa and use all my "footworks" stuff that i get from Avon and give myself a pedicure.:)

I don't think i could handle any more than that!

CanadaDoll

Practically Family
Hello ladies!

Time for an update! I've been using the Pond's cold cream for nearly a week, and I love, love, love it! Thanks for the great tip:D A little history: my skin is your average laet teens early twenties skin, but two and a bit weeks ago I got diagnosed with a skin infection caused by a particularly unpleasant break out, I was treated with anti biotics (UGH) but I still had some discoloration and some pretty big bumps, I decided last Sunday to try Pond's, and now, five days later the discoloration is gone, the spots that were left over are dowm to pin point size, and my skin is so velvety my make up just slides on! Pretty soon I may not even need it!!!:D

Thanks again ladies for the great tip:eusa_clap
Lisa

RaasAlHayya

A-List Customer
After reading all the raves about Pond's Cold Cream, I decided to give it a try CVS was out of Pond's, but had their store brand. According to the price tags on the shelf, the CVS brand is a lot cheaper.

Ingredients: Mineral oil, water, beeswax, ceresin, sodium borate, fragrance, carbomer.

I also picked up a new tube of Queen Helene Mint Julep Mask and a pack of cotton pads for applying witch hazel.

This evening, I cleaned my face with the cold cream, then used the witch hazel and the mint julep mask, then moisturizer. I'll try using the cold cream/witch hazel/moisturizer twice a day for a while and see how it goes.

How often do you ladies recommend using the mint julep mask?

--Leslie

LolitaHaze

Call Me a Cab
Leslie... How has the CVS brand work in comparison to the Pond's? The reason why I ask is that I had purchased the Walgreen's brand (same ingredients) and it made me break out. So I am assuming that even though the ingredients are the same the amounts of each are different. The generic was thicker and waxier. I didn't like it. As soon as I went back to Pond's my skin improved a lot.

RaasAlHayya said:
After reading all the raves about Pond's Cold Cream, I decided to give it a try CVS was out of Pond's, but had their store brand. According to the price tags on the shelf, the CVS brand is a lot cheaper.

Ingredients: Mineral oil, water, beeswax, ceresin, sodium borate, fragrance, carbomer.

--Leslie

RaasAlHayya

A-List Customer
I've never tried the Pond's, so I have no basis for comparison. After I've used the CVS brand for a few days, I'll let you all know how it's going. If it doesn't seem too good, I'll get some of the Pond's and try that.

I have a couple of spots I will dab some of the mint julep mask on before bed.

--Leslie

LolitaHaze

Call Me a Cab
Bags and dark circles.

I don't know if this has already been posted about and if it has I'm sorry. :eusa_doh:

I was wondering what were some of the wartime gals' secrets for puffiness (bags) and dark circles under their eyes. I know there is the old cucumber trick, but is there something a bit better? The older I get the more inset my eyes have become and the skin under my eyes has gotten thinner which emphasises the pretty dark purple shade of blech. :( Boo. I get enough sleep... too much most of the time (12-16 hours)

Tips? Tricks?

Is it really as simple as diet? Which in my world of sugars and food sensativity it really isn't that simple! LOL

jitterbugdoll

Call Me a Cab
I was wondering what were some of the wartime gals' secrets for puffiness (bags) and dark circles under their eyes. I know there is the old cucumber trick, but is there something a bit better?

A cool teabag also helps with puffiness, as does a cold spoon (pop one in the freezer for a few minutes to chill.) There are different creams you can try as well, but I find that a good concealer is your best bet (dark circles really show up on my fair skin as well.) You might try Max Factor’s Pan-Cake makeup—I find it really works well for this purpose, and it’s not at all expensive :)

fortworthgal

Call Me a Cab
I alternate the Walgreens' brand cold cream with Pond's, and although I notice a definite difference in texture (the Pond's is definitely smoother and creamier, more whipped), I have never had breakout problems with either one, and I haven't noticed a difference in performance.

I actually just changed my facial routine - AGAIN. I'm one of those product whores who likes trying new stuff, so I'm constantly switching. I also got tired of spending $14 every 2 weeks for the Olay scrub I was using, and I noticed that the Olay routine wasn't helping my blackhead situation at all, whereas with cold cream they were kept to a minimum. So, back I went!

Anyway, here's my latest routine:

Evening/after work/before bed:
- Cold cream - apply and tissue off twice
- Witch hazel toner
- Burt's Bees Radiance night cream and eye cream
- Sometimes I alternate this last step with Burt's Bees Carrot Nutritive Day Cream

Morning:
- Burt's Bees Soap Bark & Chamomile deep pore cleansing cream
- Burt's Bees Peach & Willowbark deep pore scrub
- Alternate with Burt's Bees citrus facial scrub
- Witch hazel toner
- Beyond Belief Vita C+ facial serum
- Olay complete moisture cream with SPF (sometimes mixed with a bit of Burt's Bees Carrot Day Cream if my skin is exceedingly dry)
- Olay Regenerist eye serum or Burt's Radiance eye cream
- Apply makeup

I'd like to use a Burt's moisturizer for daily use, but unfortunately none of them contain SPF. :(

I also use the Queen Helene Mint Julep mask about once a week, and try to use a home microdermabrasion kit a couple of times a week. I'm really interested in trying the one the Healing Garden has out, since it is bamboo instead of aluminum oxides.

jitterbugdoll

Call Me a Cab
I'm one of those product whores who likes trying new stuff, so I'm constantly switching.

Oh, me too! I am always looking for that "magic" product--my mother tells me I am just like my grandmother, who had tons of lotions and creams and whatnot around her house :)

I actually switched up my routine--I am now using the Walgreen's version of Olay Beauty Fluid. I love it--it works great under makeup and has not caused any breakouts or irritation.

I've also switched up my foundation to Max Factor Pan-Cake, topped with Coty Airspun. This may be my perfect makeup--the color is just right (despite appearing to be a brilliant shade of orange in the pan), the finish is so velvety, and the coverage is perfect--full, but incredibly natural looking.

Jenautica

Familiar Face
Where is everyone finding their Coty Airspun powder? I used to see it at Walmart, Walgreens and Target, but recently it's been MIA.

I'm dying to try it out, but I can't find any :(

Avalon

A-List Customer
Jenautica said:
Where is everyone finding their Coty Airspun powder? I used to see it at Walmart, Walgreens and Target, but recently it's been MIA.

I'm dying to try it out, but I can't find any :(

*waves hello* :)

I get mine at CVS...but try looking by the nail products. For some reason it tends to be banished there. lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy