Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Do you have ONE favorite?

Pilgrim

One Too Many
I have about a dozen hats (and that's plenty for me), but I find that I keep coming back to my tan Stratoliner. It's just right with so many different outfits, and it looks good when worn. It has a moderate crown, moderate brim - it just goes well with lots of things.

So - do you have one favorite you keep picking up in the morning when you're deciding what to wear?

Darn - I didn't mean this to be a duplicate of Agent5's thread on Your #1 Hat - but I found that one right after I posted this. Moderator, feel free to delete this thread.

Bargepole

New in Town
Sort of curious sage-green Stratoliner (never seen one like it) picked up on A Popular Auction Site in the summer. Don't know what it is about it, but I love it and it's supplanted my previous favourite, a chocolate-brown Herbert Johnson velours.

Tony in Tarzana

My Mail is Forwarded Here
A sage green Stratoliner? Does it have a picture of the Holy Grail in the liner? lol

I would dearly love to find something like that. No disrespect to the excellent Stratoliner I have now, of course.

Bargepole

New in Town
Tony in Tarzana said:
A sage green Stratoliner? Does it have a picture of the Holy Grail in the liner?

I seem to recall it had precisely that, but the image spontaneously combusted when I accidentally leered at a nun...

Here it is. Colour is tricky to reproduce exactly but this is pretty close:

greenhat.jpg

Mobile Vulgus

One Too Many
I love my Stetson OR Twenty-five in Silverbelly. It is almost white it's so silverbelly. But thus far I have 20 fedoras and only about three of them rank under all the others. I wear them all equally but those three -- one because it is a tad large even though the tag on it says its my size, one because it is a stingy brim and I don't think I look at all good in it, and the third because it is not much different in color and style from another one that I like a little better.

Big_e

Practically Family
My brown Stetson Sovereign. Darn! That's what I forgot to do today, go out to Hatco in Garland and pick up another Stetson.
Ernest

The Good

Call Me a Cab
My current favorite hat is my Stetson St. Regis homburg, the vintage being either late 1940s, or early 1950s. The color is definitely something I'd be hard pressed to find on a modern production hat, let alone some custom hatters. It's a light, silvery grey, that's the best way I can describe it.

Photoon2010-11-20at1915.jpg

It's a bit formal to be my go-to hat, but I wear this most often now. I am expecting to purchase (or be gifted) two, more casual hats, during this Christmas season; a Stylemaster and Open Road.

Pompidou

One Too Many
No need to post another photo, but my red Art is the only hat I wear. The poor Stetson is collecting dust, and I gave the Bailey's to a friend.

Chinaski

One Too Many
Great pic, Michaelshane! For me it's:

DSC_0007.jpg

This seems to be my go to, everyday lid. It's a Champ Diplomat. Nothing to go gaga over, but I really like it.

Pompidou

One Too Many
You still getting those "Boy George" comments? :p

Nope - it's been smooth sailing lately. Nothing but compliments. I'm looking forward to your getting the green and brown Art we were talking about in another forum. Just tell him, "Green and brown. No brim is too big. No crown is too tall. Gimme the biggest you got. I want to be noticed from twice as many blocks away as Pompidou." It'll fit you like a glove.

groover

New in Town
For me the best winter hat is the Stetson Nostalgia!I can't afford it here in Italy, so I have to make me a copy of it from Cappelleria Melegari, Milan.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy