Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Do You Match Jacket Color and Clothing?

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
I only have two belts and I just checked what colour they are - can't tell, I think they are dark brown. Or were. They are pretty faded and scratched because they are about 10-15 years old. But they are a solid one piece leather. I've never thought to match them with anything.

technovox

One Too Many
Despite my best efforts, I always end up walking out the door wearing the same black leather jacket with brown overtones in the worn places. Or a very dark seal blackish brown jacket. That's what I like about dark seal or Horween overdyed black. It seems to go with everything. And that way I don’t have to make a choice between black or brown. (Or maybe I’m just too lazy to match my shoes and belt.)

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
The jacket is indeed brown... My point was that the two shades are not even close to each other. I don't have a dark brown jacket, but do it with a black one and it looks fine.

zhz

Practically Family
Dark brown jacket, blue jeans, tan boots...en...I think it looks OK.

?? 03-12-2014 13 55 15.jpg

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here
This thread is the best argument I've seen for two-tone jackets. I have a nice brown and black houndstooth tweed jacket that I wear more often than any of my other jackets simply because I can match it with any boots and belts. Question: does anyone else worry about watch straps?

Edward

Bartender
This thread is the best argument I've seen for two-tone jackets. I have a nice brown and black houndstooth tweed jacket that I wear more often than any of my other jackets simply because I can match it with any boots and belts. Question: does anyone else worry about watch straps?

I don't consider it a "worry", but I do match thdm. Tend only to wear leather straps for occasional wear, though, not day to day.

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here
No laughing matter. Y'see, I'm forced to serve on a committee at work, the upside of which is an extremely attractive (and friendly) bio-chemistry professor who sits on my left. So, the first Wednesday of every month finds me in brown boots, belt, et al., as my only really nice watch is a brown Longines. As I don't want to seem a one-trick pony, I have a dilemma. Not a word to you-know-who.

Mark

Practically Family
I think it's cool you do that, I some times think i'm a bit OCD matching my shoes, belt and jacket but now I feel ok:eek:
I always match my leather jackets to shoes/belts. I've been known to match my wallet as well, when I have the time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThomW