Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Do You Name Your Hat?

J.B.

Practically Family
mysterygal said:
sounds like it's time for a second opinion :D

Nah. I'm just gonna have Gweedo "The Hatband" Borsaleeno pay him a visit an' give him an "attitude adjustment!" :icon_smil :fedora:

(He'll sign then or be throttled with a grosgrain ribbon!) :D

S

Shaul-Ike Cohen

J.B. said:
...although I will admit my wife does look at me in an odd way when I invite all my hats over for a tea party... :whistling :eusa_doh:

Hats + tea = no good.

mysterygal

Call Me a Cab
2002marchhare&madhatter.jpg

stylin

Familiar Face
mysterygal said:
Stylin, well then it's quite a leap for you with your registration name since there's a few in here that have used their real ones......so congradulations!:eusa_clap ;)

Good point! Perhaps I should have but just as you, I perfer to be a bit of a mystery myself. HINT HINT ** Some might say I'm a celebrity that you've all seen on the big screen. But I ain't tellin!

WesternHatWearer

A-List Customer
I do not currently have any names for my hats. The Resistol and the Stetson I own have style names, but that came from the factory. I suppose I never considered "naming" my hats.

However, I was wondering if others name their hats. I look forward to seeing what develops.

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
I named one. A Black Akubra Squatter that I dubbed, "The Black Beast". I don't care much for Black hats and I hated that Squatter. I sewed on a Burgundy ribbon but that still didn't make it any more appealing to me. I eventually traded it off for two Resistol Stagecoaches that had never been worn. The Black Beast was at least good for something...

The Black Beast
Black_Beast_01.jpg

GregNYC

One Too Many
In a word, no. I'm a philosopher so I think about stuff like this a lot. There are several kinds of names, I find. Model names, company names, style names. and individual or personal names. They might shade into each other at times.

But anyway, I like model names (e.g. Stratoliner). I even named hats after a John Wayne or Humphrey Bogart film ("Quiet Man" or "Maltese Falcon"). But they refer to types or styles, not to particular individual hats. But I have never given a personal name ("Fido") to a hat!

--Greg

Last edited:

Benzadmiral

Call Me a Cab
. . . I even named hats after a John Wayne or Humphrey Bogart film ("Quiet Man" or "Maltese Falcon"). But they refer to types or styles, not to particular individual hats. But I have never given a personal name ("Fido") to a hat!

--Greg
I do something of the same. If a hat reminds me of one worn by a particular actor in a film, I'll refer to it that way. For instance, my recently won black Emerson looks to me like the black fedora worn by Cagney in "White Heat"; my brown Resistol Pacesetter I call my "Fred C. Dobbs before he fell on hard times" hat.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points