Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Dobbs 100

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
The Dobbs 100 has arrived -- and, to say that I am in awe of this lid is an understatement. The hat is in virtually mint condition -- the felt is flawless, and it easily popped right back out into an open crown. The auction described the hat color as "gray" -- but, in actuality, it is an absolutely gorgeous taupe, complemented by a black ribbon. Open crown, the lid is 5 1/2", and the brim is 2 5/8". The 2" sweat is substantial and luxurious, and has a neat imprint on it around the edge. The liner has an oil silk protector. The medium thickness of the felt is very reminiscent of my blue Dobbs 20 -- a thickness that I love -- and has a substantial feel to it. This felt is very dense, soft, and indescribably smooth. This lid just takes my breath away...

OpenCrown-22.jpg

Liner-20.jpg

Sweat-3.jpg

GuildEdge-1.jpg

Right-9.jpg

Profile-2.jpg

Left-11.jpg

Dobbs100.jpg

Cheers,
JtL

metropd

One Too Many
If I could only have one hat for the rest of my life, that would be it!!!!!!!!!!!:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

buler

I'll Lock Up
Fantastic lid Jimmy!

Looks almost identical to the Dobbs Twenty I recently got off ebay. It became my favorite hat the minute I saw it. I'll add pics once my digital camera batteries charge.

B

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
Oh man-o-man.

I read your description and gazed at how beautiful the finish appears in that first photo - - but when I scrolled down and saw how wonderful your classic JtL crease job looks on that hat, I honestly sat back in my chair and gave out with a chuckle. It just made me happy to see a hat look that great.

A fine lid and a fine gentleman worthy of one another.

:eusa_clap

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
HarpPlayerGene said:
Oh man-o-man.

I read your description and gazed at how beautiful the finish appears in that first photo - - but when I scrolled down and saw how wonderful your classic JtL crease job looks on that hat, I honestly sat back in my chair and gave out with a chuckle. It just made me happy to see a hat look that great.

A fine lid and a fine gentleman worthy of one another.

:eusa_clap

Gene -- what a nice thing to say. Thank you, man. :)

And thanks to all you gents for the very nice words. They are very much appreciated!

Keygrip -- this lid was fished from the 'bay earlier this week.

Cheers,
JtL

Jabos

A-List Customer
Congratulations. Absolutely magnificent. I can only imagine how nice that felt must feel to the touch.

buler

I'll Lock Up
Its only 80 less....

Jimmy, here are pics of the Twenty I picked up recently. It was also mint (except for a little mothing) and unworn. The felt is unreal. Everything looks identical to yours except saying "Twenty" on the sweat.

B

3532576856_e443832099_o.jpg

3532576978_e443713435_o.jpg

3531759535_c3b3181a68_o.jpg

barrowjh

One Too Many
Wow - nice hat, nice crease. It is interesting sometimes that the hats that have 'survived' the best are often the best hat a gentleman owned; that hat was well cared for. Absolutely top shelf - that 'guild' edge is just awesome.

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
Holy smokes, Buler -- that lid looks fantastic! :eusa_clap Love the diamond crease. Ain't nothin' wrong with a vintage Dobbs 20 -- that's a great lid -- thanks for sharing it! :)

Cheers,
JtL

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
jimmy the lid said:
You'll need a cigarette...;) :D

Cheers,
JtL

:eek: lol lol lol :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap Now that's funny!

That is a beautiful lid, Jim. I mean another beautiful lid.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk