Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Dobbs Challenger

Thanks, but nothing on the Challenger that I could find.[emoji106]

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

??

@BradBowers (The Hatted Professor) wrote:

Sounds like a pretty good deal you got there. Golden Coach and Challenger as models both date back to the 1960s. Both of those models survived the closing of the Norwalk factory in 1971, and the subsequent sale of the brands to Koracorp in 1972. Golden Coach is still made today, but I don't know about the Challenger. A Golden Coach post-1972 will pretty well equate to a Challenger post-1972, and pre-1972 models will equate to each other, but pre-1972 won't equate to post-1972.

Fifth Avenue isn't technically a model name, it's just part of the Dobbs brand name. I suppose a Dobbs without a model name could be considered a Fifth Avenue, though, for lack of anything else.

There is also a listing from 2012 where @splintercellz sold one. You may try asking him if he still has any pics. I don't think you're going to find much here, as it sounds like a 60s stingy - not the hat of choice for most of this crowd.

moehawk

I'll Lock Up
Way back when I was still messing around with woolies and dynafelts I found a Knox Challenger at a thrift store. I think HCA may have used the model name with more than one of their brands. The Knox was, to the best of my recollection, a later 60's fur felt stingy brim with nothing too remarkable about it.
Hope it helps!

Héctor Fernández

One Too Many
??

@BradBowers (The Hatted Professor) wrote:

Sounds like a pretty good deal you got there. Golden Coach and Challenger as models both date back to the 1960s. Both of those models survived the closing of the Norwalk factory in 1971, and the subsequent sale of the brands to Koracorp in 1972. Golden Coach is still made today, but I don't know about the Challenger. A Golden Coach post-1972 will pretty well equate to a Challenger post-1972, and pre-1972 models will equate to each other, but pre-1972 won't equate to post-1972.

Fifth Avenue isn't technically a model name, it's just part of the Dobbs brand name. I suppose a Dobbs without a model name could be considered a Fifth Avenue, though, for lack of anything else.

There is also a listing from 2012 where @splintercellz sold one. You may try asking him if he still has any pics. I don't think you're going to find much here, as it sounds like a 60s stingy - not the hat of choice for most of this crowd.
Thanks. Not a lot information about it, not even a Google search. It is a nice looking hat. They actually come with a wider brim, but that's as much as I have been able to dig about them. The one I just got it is a stingy brim, it is actually a Dobbs Twenty Five with a nice binded brim. I was just hoping to find a bit more info. Thanks for all your help.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic