Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Doco on the Warner Bros

cookie

I'll Lock Up
Did anyone see the doco on Warner Bros made by I think a grandaughter interviewing famous actors and family re the Warner Bros' lives?

Fascinating insight into the rise of Hollywood and the Jewish movie moguls and the tremendous and vicious sibling rivalry between the brothers and the Kennedyesque family tragedy.

The portrait of Jack Warner good and bad by those actors that knew him was particularly insightful for one who has only heard anecdotally about him.

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
Yes! A wonderful, fascinating insightful film. When I played Jack Warner (in the HIGHLY fictionalized but fun "Shakespeare in Hollywood") this film helped me a lot with my character.
Especially interesting to me was the relationship between Jack and Sam, who died in1927. Seems like all the other brothers treated Jack like the retarded little brother, except of Sam. This sheds a lot of light on his later betrayal of the two other surviving brothers.

cookie

I'll Lock Up
dhermann1 said:
Yes! A wonderful, fascinating insightful film. When I played Jack Warner (in the HIGHLY fictionalized but fun "Shakespeare in Hollywood") this film helped me a lot with my character.
Especially interesting to me was the relationship between Jack and Sam, who died in1927. Seems like all the other brothers treated Jack like the retarded little brother, except of Sam. This sheds a lot of light on his later betrayal of the two other surviving brothers.

There apparently was one argument where one of them was about to lay into the other with a piece of lead pipe! Fratricide no less...fortunately someone separated them...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ALittleBitOfCompany