Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

"Doctor Who," He's Back and it's About Time!

W-D Forties

Practically Family
That Max Headroom thing looks drug-fuelled.

BTW, did anyone else see on the BBC news yesterday that people who have seen advanced screenings of the new Dr Who series have been posting all the future plotlines on the internet? I haven't looked for them personally as I would prefer not to know!

Miss Moonlight

A-List Customer
I have to say- Amy is really getting less appealing. I don't *dislike* her yet... but did she HAVE to take the time to put on the pirate hat and coat? Really? Time was precious, Rory and the Doctor were in danger, and she stops to put on a freaking pirate outfit.

Also. I really wanted that to actually be a siren and a pirate ship, not yet another time ship and yet another alien explanation for happenings.

Bruce Wayne

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I have to say- Amy is really getting less appealing. I don't *dislike* her yet... but did she HAVE to take the time to put on the pirate hat and coat? Really? Time was precious, Rory and the Doctor were in danger, and she stops to put on a freaking pirate outfit.

Also. I really wanted that to actually be a siren and a pirate ship, not yet another time ship and yet another alien explanation for happenings.

I have no idea what episode you are talking about.

Yeps

Call Me a Cab
Starting to feel a bit glad I haven't seen this new Doc (or his companion) yet. :mmph: & as for that creepy guy in the vid... :wacko:

The eleventh Doctor is absolutely fantastic, although for the first few episodes he had rather poor writing to deal with and was still sinking into the role.

Amy is one of my favorite companions, despite her moments of silliness.

I have no idea what episode you are talking about.

The most recent one, which aired last Saturday.

Miss Moonlight

A-List Customer
I had to take a moment to breathe and return to the real world after that episode of Doctor Who. Neil Gaiman + Doctor Who = magic. Best 11th Doctor episode yet. One of the most brilliant eps of anything, ever, IMO. Beautiful.

Edward

Bartender
Oh and I loathe the Doctors new trousers!

Can't say I noticed them, must rewatch.... I've been wishing they'd put him in a higher waist and wider leg, myself... and get rid of those damn clip on braces. Still, it has seemed that, since the Christmas episode, he's been wearing a proper bow tie and not a pre-tied imitation, which is a welcome touch.

Gamain's episode was excellent, and I'm glad especially that they resisted the temptation to give the TARDIS a voice once returned to her 'true' body.

djd

Practically Family
I'm told the trousers are by Gstar Raw - I dont think I need to say anything else do I? ;)

What next? Rod Stewarts leather pants??

Formeruser012523

Call Me a Cab
"the tweed changed because they needed a warmer jacket for outside filming"

Does it look like the real thing on film? I'm sure they didn't mean to insult anyone. They were trying to make it as authentic looking as possible, but sometimes the drawback to that is it can't be authentic at all.

All smoke & mirrors after all. :pop2:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner