Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Does anyone else like Comic book Artist Alex Ross?

Hugh Beaumont

One of the Regulars
Been a fan for years and wondered if anyone else here likes his deco style of renditions he does for superheros such as Superman.

In fact, his version of Superman is the best portrayal of Superman ever done in my opinion. Very 1930's Norman Rockwellesque.

The Wolf

Call Me a Cab
Yes, I bought the "Marvels" series which when it came out. It started with the Human Torch, Sub-Mariner and other 1940s Marvel charcters (that ties it into the Fedora Lounge ;) ) It even had a cameo by Clark Savage and Lamont Cranston.
I bought the hardback of his Dc work, Mythology also.

I absolutely love his stuff.

Sincerely,
The Wolf

Doctor Strange

I'll Lock Up
I absolutely adore his work, ever since I first became aware of him when a friend let me borrow his copy of Marvels about a decade ago.

So now I've got Marvels, Kingdom Come, Superman: Peace On Earth, Batman: War On Crime, and the excellent coffeetable book collecting his work for DC, Mythology.

I love his photorealistic paintings of these iconic characters... which somehow simultaneously adds a touch of realism and a feel of timeless myth. Great, great stuff!

See the galleries at his site for some idea of what I mean:

http://www.alexrossart.com/gallery_menu.asp

carter

I'll Lock Up
I started buying Astro City when it made it's debut and think it's the most human of any comic series about humans with extraordinary attributes.

I also purchased this recent Alex Ross-designed T-shirt strictly as a collectible, never-to-leave-the-packaging item.
obama2.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points