Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Does anyone prefer a traditional mens shoo?

Dr Doran

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I am blown away by the prices of those John Lobb shoes.

My wife needs wide sturdy attractive shoes. Anything cheaper?

LizzieMaine

Bartender
I'm a big fan of the Clinic Coquette -- http://www.supportplus.com/product_detail.cfm?STYLE=CL480

It's a good, basic oxford walking shoe with strong arch support and very durable construction. I think it's been discontinued by Clinic (grrrrrr!) but some online outlets may still have them in stock.

There's also the reproduction WAC service shoe made by What Price Glory, the WW2 reenactors' supplier -- the heel is a bit higher than on the Coquette, and there aren't as wide a range of sizes available, but the construction is excellent.

Miss 1929

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Pretty hard to find

anything in a 6.5 EEE. I take what I can get!
I find vintage oxfords once in a while, have them rebuilt frequently, cry when they die, and start with a new pair once I get them...
I find men's style very uncomfortable, I need a little heel.

Jovan

Suspended
I sort of prefer masculine shoes on women. I bet they're far more wearer-friendly too.

*runs for dear life*

Really though, some of those Lobbs are pretty nice.

Lovely Leah

Familiar Face
Wider Widths

Miss 1929 said:
anything in a 6.5 EEE. I take what I can get!
I find vintage oxfords once in a while, have them rebuilt frequently, cry when they die, and start with a new pair once I get them...
I find men's style very uncomfortable, I need a little heel.

The P.W. Minor Trinket (see my earlier post) has an incredible range of widths. I wear an 8.5E and they fit perfectly.
They are probably the next best thing to custom made shoes. The down side is the cost. My last pair ran about $200.00.

Bubbles

New in Town
Grrrr...shoes! It is interesting to run across this thread - I spent all weekend shopping for a pair of lace-up oxfords (or anythings even remotely close)...and I failed miserably. So miserably in fact, I was seriously thinking about trying to find a small pair of men's shoes that might work. I work in a office, but I am out delivering things frequently during the day, so I need shoes that are both comfortable and will last more than a week (sidewalks destroy all modern heels.) I would also like something vaguely feminine, but right now anything that would go with a tweed suit would make me very happy. I am getting some ideas here though. Thank you for starting this thread - and thank you to those who replied! I am desperate!

I found some nice, cheaper shoes at Payless. I can wear them all day, but I don't do very much walking in my job. I'm not really sure how to post links, (I'm not very techno-savvy :eek: ) but they are called the "Investor Menswear Pump". (On sale, too!) Their website has a terrible search function, so the best way to view them is by the lot number, which is 059724. Also, I just bought some from Target online. They are Xhilaration brand Salome Oxfords. They haven't arrived yet, so I can't vouch for their comfort level, but they are the first flats that I have bought in a long, long time, so they will probably feel like slippers to me!:D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theartboxstore