Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

DOGFIGHTS

Twitch

My Mail is Forwarded Here
If anyone hasn't seen this superb series on the History Channel check it out. It's on Dish at 7PM Fridays. That may be 10PM on your cable or Direct TV. I have interviewed some of the men on these shows and the computer graphics used completely allows one to visualize the combats they participated in.

They use interviews from the pilots, pertinent archival footage, graphs and stunning CGI to tell the stories. This program goes a long way to dispell the ideas many hold about air combat situations. It's covered WW II , Korea and Vietnam so far.

D

drafttek

Fantastic show. I was blown away the first time I saw it.

alphonse capone

New in Town
Well Done!

The series is FANTASTIC! It's almost like being there ;O The history channel has some super shows on history. I have it on all day long at my Barbershop. My favorite Dogfight's is the F-86's in MIG alley. Did anyone catch the other night Baron von Richthofen & the wings of death? Another well done show.
Al

deanglen

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Twitch,
That program is as good as gold! Whenever it's on I can't do anything else! The episode about the P-38 pilot was, heck...I can't really say one was better than the other! I wondered if anyone else had seen the show and loved it. They also have a ground combat version, maybe a bit different, but one I saw on the Battle of the Bulge was just too darn good!!:)

dean

lindylady

A-List Customer
It is a very informative and entertaining program. I first saw it last week. It was the episode detailing battles between the Zero and Hellcat.

ShanghaiJack

One of the Regulars
I've been impressed with the show so far.
Excellent interviews with the actual participants/Vets!
And the animation is acceptable too!

Feraud

Bartender
I have seen the series and love it. The H.C. did a great job of using cutting edge technology and good old fashioned interviews/film to us amateur historians a picture of air combat.