Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Don't Touch My Hat

T Rick

Practically Family
Nicely done, cool video!

Nice except for one HUGE error at 0:30. Never point a gun at anything that you don't want to destroy. Never put your finger on the trigger unless you're ready to pull it. I know the 1911 couldn't fire because the hammer wasn't back but why give the anti's any ammunition to use against us?
Well, not totally. If you saw my post in that thread, you'd see my opinion (may or may not agree) that the weapon isn't actually pointing at the "victim", but off to his left (seems pretty obvious to me in fact). WRT trigger discipline, while i would normally agree, this is obviously a staged photograph, and staged for a theatrical effect. Not that gun safety isn't of prime importance, it is. But would it ever have the proper effect with the finger along the side of the pistol? Not really, no.

In the long run, we've much less to fear from this, than from a supposed "supporter" who happens to be a Congress Critter and who casually points a pistol at an interviewer without their foreknowledge or consent (don't worry, it was unloaded... yeah, right... sheesh!). Yep, that really happened recently. That is bad press and improper firearms safety.

Rats Riley

A-List Customer
Excellent idea!

That's a perfect way to showcase lids so that folks don't have to dig through all the threads!!

I could see a strictly Art Fawsett video, showcasing the various models. But especially the ribbon treatments!

randooch

I'll Lock Up
As a background song, might I submit "You Can Leave Your Hat On" by Joe Cocker?

Ahh, but then the notorious Women In Fedoras thread has been vaulted . . .

The Wiser Hatter

I'll Lock Up
This week's Don't Touch my Hat.

[video=youtube_share;QnOv4u-CxvI]http://youtu.be/QnOv4u-CxvI[/video]

Had issues last night with YouTube had to do a lot of video compression to get things working this morning.

Last edited:

randooch

I'll Lock Up
Once again, that was awesome. Perhaps to keep these coming we should all Paypal you a dollar! Not that it's about money, but still. How many members are there?

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Great stuff, Ed.
I can see I'm going to have to start using a proper camera instead of the phone one though :D

The Wiser Hatter

I'll Lock Up
It does do best with full rez pictures getting the detail in the video. Really want everyone to enjoy all the great hats everyone one here have. An to understand why each member loves them so.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran