Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Double Harness

Chanfan

A-List Customer
After seeing the William Powell flick in Scotrace's ironing thread, of all things - I decided it would be good to set my Tivo to record him when he came up.

Whadda know, it nabbed two flicks right away. Mr. Roberts (pretty much his last picture), and one I hadn't heard of, Double Harness.

Turns out the reason I hadn't heard of it was not solely my own ignorance - of which I have no shortage, I assure you - but also because it hadn't been aired on television (or in general release) since 1953. It, along with five other films from RKO, have been out of circulation - but were recently acquired by Turner Classic movies, and are being aired.

They are Double Harness (1933), One Man’s Journey (1933), Rafter Romance (1933), Stingaree (1934), Living on Love (1937) and A Man to Remember (1938).

As for Double Harness, I found it quite charming - I'm glad I nabbed it, and it reaffirms my liking of Mr. Powell! It's playing again in a few weeks, then again in June.

Amy Jeanne

Call Me a Cab
I recorded all the movies last night. I especially can't wait to watch Double Harness (1933), which will be happening tonight when I get home. I LOVE Bill Powell and Ann Harding!

double_harness_001.jpg

Hemingway Jones

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
I watched this as well and enjoyed it immensely. I think it is great that some of these films are being reintroduced to the public.

William Powell is becoming one of my favorite actors.

Brian Sheridan

One Too Many
Everyone keep your eyes open for STAR OF MIDNIGHT with Powell and Ginger Rogers. Full of art deco and Powell being suave (always)!

If I see TCM airing it again, I'll put up a post!

If you missed either HARNESS or RAFTERS, they will be retelecast on April 26th at 2:15 pm est and 5:15 pm respectively.

Classydame

One of the Regulars
I was able to watch all three last night...Loved them! Although my favorite was "Double Harness". I have always enjoyed William Powell. I pretty much like any movie he has done.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner