Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Down the rabbit hole

ngodbehere

New in Town
Hello everyone. I just wanted to share what I’ve been up to while I have some down time. I have decided that sleep is something I only occasionally do in between making hats and working a second job. I’m fortunate that an indoor market opened up down the road from me so I’m set up here for the weekend. So lo and behold, my humble beginnings. My fourth popup event so far. Day three.

C3CD9574-0BD5-49FF-A546-8DD171C4AE78.jpeg

I’m still working on the website and figuring out how I’m going to ship these things but I’ll let you all know as soon as that becomes a reasonable possibility. This is the most difficult yet most rewarding thing I’ve done with my life so far. 14-18 hour days with no days off for weeks are kind of a regular thing for me now.

johnnycanuck

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hello everyone. I just wanted to share what I’ve been up to while I have some down time. I have decided that sleep is something I only occasionally do in between making hats and working a second job. I’m fortunate that an indoor market opened up down the road from me so I’m set up here for the weekend. So lo and behold, my humble beginnings. My fourth popup event so far. Day three.

View attachment 357640

I’m still working on the website and figuring out how I’m going to ship these things but I’ll let you all know as soon as that becomes a reasonable possibility. This is the most difficult yet most rewarding thing I’ve done with my life so far. 14-18 hour days with no days off for weeks are kind of a regular thing for me now.
Nice display. Getting much foot traffic? Sell much so far? Any other online presence? Facebook, Instagram? Inquiring minds want to know.
Johnny

ngodbehere

New in Town
Nice display. Getting much foot traffic? Sell much so far? Any other online presence? Facebook, Instagram? Inquiring minds want to know.
Johnny
So far as I have a lot of people thinking about getting a custom from me, as well as some renovation and resizing work to do when I get home. You can find me on Instagram and Facebook under @bluegrasshattersociety and my website is www.bluegrass-hats.com everything made by hand here in the heart of the bluegrass. I have a couple pieces up from someone I’ve been teaching as well as one antique topper. Feel free to sign up for the mailing list to hear when I’m going to open up the online shop. In the meantime I am taking custom commissions.

ngodbehere

New in Town
Well all in all I would say it wasn’t that bad for my fourth popup. Still a long way off from saving up for that dream shop space. I did use all the downtime sitting at the booth to work a little more on the website. I’m also looking into packaging solutions for shipping as well as I think I finally found a good local artist for a logo. Once I get that designed I’m going to be getting a foil press so I can stamp my logo into the sweatband. I’ve been perforating my company name into the sweatbands for now with an old Cummins initial machine I got from Mr. Fawcett.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner