Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Downton Abbey - I'm hooked

undertaker

Practically Family
Mr. Carson is one of my favorite characters and I just can't wait to see how this struggle with Thomas, who I just despised from day one, works out. I do hope Mr. Carson puts him in his place........ I was glad to see Bates back as well. I do notice this second season does have some less than steller reviews but I will see it thru and judge for myself.

Miss Sis

One Too Many
I personally think the storyline has really dropped since Series One, but I don't watch it for that anyway - I like the costumes and sets. Although some of the costumes are a bit dodgy - Hugh Bonneville's uniforms in Series Two are appalling.

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
I personally think the storyline has really dropped since Series One, but I don't watch it for that anyway - I like the costumes and sets. Although some of the costumes are a bit dodgy - Hugh Bonneville's uniforms in Series Two are appalling.

I actually liked the second season better than the first. It will be interesting to see what they do in the third season...

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
What I'd really like to see is to have one of them go to France and meet this little Belgian policeman named Poirot, and another one buy a dress from the House of Eliot, and then maybe another one be in the same army battalion as Campion, and also . . . . oh, you get the idea.

Gingerella72

A-List Customer
I just discovered this show a couple of weeks ago, thank goodness all of the episodes are available to watch in full on pbs.org! I can't believe there's only 4 episodes to a season though, or am I just missing something?

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
Nope, you're right, undertaker. They combine them here in the States - I believe Season 2 had 8 or 9 episodes (including the Christmas Special) in the UK. Though I see they may be stretching it out a bit more on Masterpiece Theatre than they did with Season 1.

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
I found it very soapy. I'm sure it will only get more so in the third series, but I will still watch it as I love Maggie Smith. :)

It is a bit soapy...maybe that's what I like about it. lol

Maggie Smith gets the BEST lines. She's just brilliant.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24