Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Dream hat!

Canadave

One Too Many
K.D. Lightner said:
...Again, we need to ask for the dimensions no matter what the seller says it is...karol

I always ask the seller "Will you please measure the circumference of the hat around the sweatband on the inside. Use a soft tape measure, or a piece of string, then measure the string. THANKS!"

Keep in mind...this won't be completely accurate, but it should give you an idea whether they are WAY off with the size.

Davdi

Michael D

Familiar Face
What means Pecard????

Ghos7a55assin said:
F I had to Pecard the outside, and then after it loosened up, I pecarded the rough side. *sigh*

What do you mean by Pecard? What did you do? Did you do this to the sweatband or the hat? What does Pecard-ing do?

Forgive my ignorance. :)

Mike

Mr. Rover

One Too Many
Pecard is referring to the leather dressing that re-lubricates the fibers in the leather sweatband. The leather sweatband was very stiff, and so I applied some Pecard Leather Dressing to it to allow it to be more flexible.

Canadave said:
I always ask the seller "Will you please measure the circumference of the hat around the sweatband on the inside. Use a soft tape measure, or a piece of string, then measure the string. THANKS!"

Sure! Then they email back and ask what the circumference is! :p Just tell them to "measure the distance around the inside of the hat at the leather band." ;) They probably already tried to smoke the string. :p

Regards to all,

J

Wild Root

Gone Home
Ladies and Gentlemen, Boys and Girls of all ages, I'd like to draw your attention to the center ring!

Here are some of the photos I promised of the early Depression Era Stetson. I'm going to be taking photos today and these are just to start with!

Enjoy!

Root.

1111173img4mc.jpg

1111174img3fd.jpg

1111175img0ea.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart