Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Driving golden era cars in the modern era

Big Man

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Michaelson said:
Big Man, when ever you have a chance to do so, buy up as many brake shoes as you can that will fit your car ...

Sounds like very good advice. I will do just that. Thanks!

Story

I'll Lock Up
Big Man said:
DSC03744.jpg

applausecitkanewellsnz5.gif

StraightEight

One of the Regulars
Played wedding chauffeur this weekend. I don't know these people; they approached me at a car show a couple of months ago. Money was offered, but it was just a few miles from the house so I did it to be neighborly. Now, to get those heel marks off the ceiling...

P1010352.jpg

P1010358.jpg

up196

A-List Customer
Nice job!

It's nice that you dressed the part, too. It really completes the image.

I drove for a wedding in my '31 once, and one of the other drivers was wearing a Polo shirt and shorts. I, on the other hand, was wearing a suit and a boater, and I wouldn't let the two bride's maids bring their champagne in the car, what with Prohibition and all that, you know.

FountainPenGirl

One of the Regulars
Hi, Just thought I would put these pictures up. This is a '54 Packard Clipper Deluxe that belongs to a customer. I had some work to do on it including reinstall the radio which I had restored so I drove it for a few days. What a really nice car. Drives and rides so nice. Just like sitting on your living room sofa. Hope you enjoy the pics.

packard1.jpg

packard2.jpg

packard3b.jpg

packard4.jpg

Land-O-LakesGal

Practically Family
StraightEight said:
Played wedding chauffeur this weekend. I don't know these people; they approached me at a car show a couple of months ago. Money was offered, but it was just a few miles from the house so I did it to be neighborly. Now, to get those heel marks off the ceiling...

P1010352.jpg

P1010358.jpg
My husband has driven his 57 chevy for 2 weddings of relatives. You and your car both look great. Let me see if I have link of my husbands 57 chev.

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
StraightEight said:
Played wedding chauffeur this weekend. I don't know these people; they approached me at a car show a couple of months ago. Money was offered, but it was just a few miles from the house so I did it to be neighborly.
Good Man! Did they invite you to the reception?

Talbot

One Too Many
StraightEight said:
Thankfully, no. Who wants to go to a wedding reception with a bunch of strangers?

Class all the way:eusa_clap

I don't even enjoy wedding receptions for people I know!

I'd rather be looking through a split windshield and being serenaded by gear whine an mell-o exhaust notes....

davestlouis

Practically Family
Not to be a spoilsport, but be VERY careful if you ever do accept money for driving in a wedding, etc. If something should happen, your insurance company won't see the humor in your operation of a quasi-taxi service on a non-commercial auto policy.

As a liability issue, you're much better off to just do it as a favor.

The funeral home I work for sold all of our limousines, and we rent them from a livery service now...too much potential liability when you haul live, paying customers.

Rats Riley

A-List Customer
FountainPenGirl said:
Hi, Just thought I would put these pictures up. This is a '54 Packard Clipper Deluxe that belongs to a customer. I had some work to do on it including reinstall the radio which I had restored so I drove it for a few days. What a really nice car. Drives and rides so nice. Just like sitting on your living room sofa. Hope you enjoy the pics.

packard1.jpg

packard2.jpg

packard3b.jpg

packard4.jpg

You are incredible!!!

Just look at that beauty!

Rats Riley

A-List Customer
StraightEight said:

P1010352.jpg

P1010358.jpg

Now all jokes aside, I have to say that what you did for those newly weds is very VERY cool and selfless! At the very least, you gave them something they'll always remember!

And since you're giving things away.... how about the pink slip for that sweet sled of a car!

Just look at the chrome!!!

David Conwill

Call Me a Cab
BoPeep said:
You just can't beat a hardtop with miles of curved glass. And I love the early fins ... you can almost see them getting bigger before your eyes ...

Not to pick nits, but despite its fixed, metal roof, that's a sedan. Hardtops lack B pillars.

2007-8-22_54PackardClipperWeb-Large.jpg

Either way, I agree that it's a gorgeous car. The '51 to '54 Packards are seriously underrated cars, IMO.

-Dave

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy