Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Dry-cleaner vs manufacturer- who is responsible?

Juliet

A-List Customer
Drappa, how awful! All I can say is - don't give up! I'd write to the highest-up-the-chain straight after replies like this! The nerve of some people!
I think the threat of blazing it all over the Internet is sound advice, really. But formal written-on-paper complaint letters are most handy, too.

Drappa

One Too Many
Just an update, I have finally received an email from the manager of the London Urban Outfitters flagship store, and they have offered me a replacement or a full refund for my faulty coat! It has taken a few weeks and many emails, but I am thrilled. Thanks for all your advice and support ladies and gentlemen :)

Drappa

One Too Many
Thanks ladies :) Sheeplady, I saw a few coats on their website I liked, but they have now all sold out, so I've asked for a refund.

Louise Anne

Suspended
I am pleased for you Drappa, I was not sure how it would turn out with so many people involved, I sure you had to do a lot of work when all your wanted was a just a clean coat, sounds simple really I think we all felt for you.
You have to show us your new one when you get one.

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
It's good to hear that they did right by you, Drappa. Tell me, did you mention the Internet in any of your discussions with them? Just curious.

Drappa

One Too Many
It's good to hear that they did right by you, Drappa. Tell me, did you mention the Internet in any of your discussions with them? Just curious.

Thank you. I didn't mention it specifically, but I did tweet once about my disappointment with them and tagged them. I later deleted the tweet when they actually got back to me. I guess the main problem is that they seem completely disorganised. I have by now dealt with 7 different people, so every time I replied to a customer service rep's email, someone else replied and asked what it was all about. It was fairly frustrating and tiring. In the end I got help from the manager of the main store in London, so it seems as if the customer service team are almost superfluous and I could have saved a lot of time by just calling the London shop right away, but of course I didn't know this.

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up
I'm glad it was resolved to your satisfaction. My Dad always told me to get the full name of the person to whom I was speaking. It didn't always work, but did speed things up when it did work.

AdrianLvsRocky

One of the Regulars
Hoorah! Glad your nightmare is over. Good to see you stuck to your guns and gave them what for. Us minions shouldn't let these people get away with it! I wouldn't be suprised if they'd made things as difficult as possible hoping that you'd just go away.

ZombieGirl

One of the Regulars
I'm glad it was resolved to your satisfaction. My Dad always told me to get the full name of the person to whom I was speaking. It didn't always work, but did speed things up when it did work.

That doesn't always work these days... With crazies out there by the thousands, employees aren't encouraged to give their full names (or even their real name!) but you can often ask for an employee number.

Drappa

One Too Many
Well, sadly I have to take back everything I said about Urban Outfitters resolving this. Last week I was promised a refund or exchange, the manager told me she would call me, but hasn't. I sent her two emails, and she is now ignoring me.
I phoned customer service demanding a postal address for an official complaint and the agent tried repeatedly to give me an email address, but eventually gave me a postal address. She couldn't give me a name to address it to though. What a mess. I will definitely boycott UO from now on, and tell everyone who will listen to do the same. Truly unbelievable.

sheeplady

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
That's horrible Drappa. You've convinced me never to shop there. One just opened up downtown here (a big deal because our downtown is a black hole of nothingness) and I thought about going down and taking a peek and now I'm not even going to do that. What a mess, I'm sorry.

I had a similar mess with my current car early on and the way that I was treated ensured I will never, ever, ever buy another car from that company. I am still angry about it 6 years later, even though it was finally fixed by a non-dealer mechanic for $100.

Drappa

One Too Many
Well, I sent an angry tweet and then another tweet in which I linked to my scathing review on Yelp. Within 30 minutes I had a reply on Twitter and another 30 minutes later got a phone call from the manager asking for my bank details so they could issue a refund. The power of social networking at work! Thanks everyone for your kind words and support.

lareine

A-List Customer
Wow, that is an impressive result. It also shows the company in a very bad light - obviously they only care about customer satisfaction if they're under the spotlight. They were happy to shaft you when they thought nobody else could see it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy