Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Duchess Clothier in Portland, OR.

Pymander

New in Town
Pictures!

I'm not very good at posing for photos, but here are a couple of them. First, an image of me reading a book and smoking. I try to make sure that any suit I wear is good for this sort of activity.
2075028628_443ed8690b.jpg

And here's a picture of me posing awkwardly with my new brown bowler, which I purchased to go with this suit. Unfortunately, the browns don't match well. But I suppose matching every tone exactly is a bit too Steed-like, and I don't want any criminal masterminds getting the wrong idea.
2074234571_83a543cd00.jpg

jake_fink

Call Me a Cab
Pymander,

Thanks for the photos. The suit likes great. How does it fit in the arms?

Any chance you'll document the process, the shop and the final suit on your next order?

Cheers.

Pymander

New in Town
jake_fink said:
Thanks for the photos. The suit likes great. How does it fit in the arms?

Thanks, Jake. I am really happy with the suit, though sometimes the sheer quality and style of it makes me feel like I might stand out a bit too much. I'm not sure why, as I spend pretty much all of my time in suits and ties.

It fits pretty well in the arms, I think, and might be perhaps a hair too snug. Again, I have not had any other bespoke/made-to-measure experiences, so I don't know what a perfect fit should feel like. It feels a bit tight across the chest when I button the jacket, but I'll be taking the suit in to Duchess when I'm up there so they can see if it's fitting correctly.

jake_fink said:
Any chance you'll document the process, the shop and the final suit on your next order?

I'll see what I can do! I've been horribly out of practice with taking my camera places, so cross your fingers and hope that I remember.

-- Pymander

Pymander

New in Town
Orgetorix said:
I think the brown bowler goes very well with that suit. If you want more coordination, you could replace the ribbon on the bowler with a lighter one.

You have a great early-1900s air--well done!

I think I may have screwed up the colors a bit with the photo, because the ribbon and trim on the bowler are actually a pretty close match. They are just a shade lighter than the suit.

And thank you! Heck, I've managed to cultivate a handlebar moustache now, actually, which I suspect makes me look like I just stumbled out of a time machine. Now if only I could find some affordable Balmoral boots...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou