Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Dustbowl natural cxl

Edward

Bartender
Very nice. I like how this hide has aged to a honeyed, caramel shade. Similar depth to the like of Aero's russet goat or midweight horse, but absent the reddish tones of those. I do love both; that they develop so differently is always a great way to justify "another" jacket... ;)

torfjord

Call Me a Cab
I’m a big fan of how this natural cxl is aging, but I’m an equally big fan of natural veg tan leathers. At least in my experience the yellow/orange shade is just the beginning, it will develop even further with time. I think it would be fun to have a jacket made out of it as well, but I’ve been holding off until my kids are a little older. Wouldn’t want to get too much snot, mud, food, etc stains on it. Then on the other hand, that would certainly make the jacket tell “my unique story”

At least this batch of natural cxl does not stain as easily as vegtan natural, which is a nice feature.

torfjord

Call Me a Cab
E08207FD-43C6-4E4C-A05E-7D670450E854.jpeg

Side by side comparison day of delivery and 23 months later.

MrProper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Maybe a Dustbowl should be my next jacket?
I could well imagine tumbled CXFQHH for this.
How big is the front drop on this jacket?
Let's see

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR