Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Dustbowl natural cxl

Fonzie

One Too Many
That Dustbowl is seriously cool, if you can give it the attention it needs to break in and develop patina I reckon it’ll be grail jacket in a few years.
You should consider selling other jackets or locking them on a vault so you don’t get distracted from wearing this one.
I know it’ll be hard as you own other jewels in your collection like the Hooch Hauler or the Aeromarine, but this one deserves the extra attention IMO. It’ll be worth it.

torfjord

Call Me a Cab
It’s funny, I wondered just yesterday whether it had evolved enough to warrant update pics. Unfortunately I think it has not. While I do think it has darkened a little bit and the leather has wrinkled, I don’t think it has evolved enough to show on pictures yet. It just haven’t been worn enough yet, the reason being an unusually warm summer.

When it gets chill enough to wear a jacket it’s going to be real hard choosing what to wear, but I think the natural cx hide will tip the scales most day. I’m just so curious to see what will happen to it with some more wear.

Skickat från min iPad med Tapatalk

torfjord

Call Me a Cab
Very nice. Looks quite different from the Natural CXL on my Lofgren boots.

That’s interesting, might have to do with batch variance or Aero requesting special mods for their leather. Or it could be my pictures not showing the color accurately. I did study pictures of Lofgren boots before deciding on the natural cx and I think the color of the jacket looks rather similar to the Lofgren boots.

Skickat från min iPad med Tapatalk

sweetfights

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Any photo updates appreciated.
I will be pulling the trigger on a cxl natural at some point this year. But would love more photos of even small changes and color variance.

torfjord

Call Me a Cab
No this is different from Epaulets natural, I believe they are using a leather that Epaulet supplied themselves. This is from a small try out batch of Horween CXL natural, that Aero are looking into adding to their standard range, although they told me it wasn’t certain that it would happen. To my knowledge they’ve only made two jackets from it thus far.

I promise to get back with some update pictures as soon as possible, but most days it’s been 25 degrees Celsius here since early May so I’ve only worn the jacket maybe 10 times outside of the house. So there’s not much evolution to show yet.

torfjord

Call Me a Cab
cd565ebfcdcfe663dd547ab0e5a101ca.jpg

Found this crappy elevator phone selfie from back in October, but I think the color is pretty accurate. It’s maybe a touch lighter IRL. Will try to get better pics when I’m back home again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

torfjord

Call Me a Cab
0834498e235af61620f6c1da83950118.jpg

I tried a bunch of different settings on my camera to get a picture that accurately reflects the color, and this was the best I could do. This is after about 1-2 months of wear. For comparison there is a brown cxl and blackened brown Vicenza underneath it.

saucerfiend

Practically Family
Thanks jj! I understand where you are coming from and I agree that a 40 would have worked as well. My 30’s half belt is a 40 and it’s also a good fit. However it is too tight to wear anything more than a T-shirt under it. With the dustbowl I wanted something that I could wear for more months in the year.

You've got the right size! You need room to move. When it breaks in, it'll drape just right. Looks perfect!

Brian

Grayland

Call Me a Cab
Looks great and is coming along quite nicely. Looks a helluva lot better than the natural CXL that is often used for boots - that seems to have a funky color to it.

Robbie79

Call Me a Cab
Wow, I like the colour and aging a lot! Some time ago I was searching for a natural CXL leather jacket, but without success as I didn't know that Aero offer this leather. Enjoy wearing it!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points