Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Dyeing leather jacket

Drzdave58

One of the Regulars
The stubborn that I am, I went ahead with a very light coat of Saphir Canadian cream (red color). I love the result! The camera makes the effect a bit more dynamic!

Actually, I'm not stubborn, I'm just ALWAYS right! :cool:

View attachment 575421
It’s your jacket so u can do whatever u like to it. Just keep in mind any changes can have a negative impact on the value if you decide to sell it.

Damon141

Practically Family
This isn’t exactly the same thing but these have been my workhorse of boots for the last year, they are Junkard Indonesian service boots in Italian Rocado Natural Shell Cordovan, I used a the lightest color Saphir Shell cordovan cream just once but what you see is just rain and Florida sunshine.

I have a feeling this jacket will darken in a similar fashion if you wear it a lot so you might just get a darker jacket without doing anything and if you do decide to dye there are a couple other members which have had good success and a jacket repair company which has restored jackets with dye, I don’t see why they couldn’t do this on a new one.

Attachments

• IMG_7982.jpeg
    IMG_7982.jpeg
    951.7 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_7933.jpeg
    IMG_7933.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 40

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner