Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Early 30's English University Club Blazer - Size 40-42"

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
blazer 1930s.jpg

I cannot believe I'm parting with this, but here goes...

1930s CLUB BLAZER

This is the 'real deal' that many of the young English elite who would in turn become British Officers of WW2 would have been wearing in their care free 'Bridesheadian' pre-war days at University, as the skies darkened across Europe...

As you will see from the photos (click link)
this striped blazer is dated on the University Club Badge in woven wire. This badge is original to the jacket and pristine.

The brass buttons again are original to the jacket, as is the 'Exeter' outfitters label on the inside. Some basic research shows this belonged to an undergraduate at Exeter University in England.

The fabric for its age is 'very strong' and this is ready to wear. There are a few moth trails on the fabric, but they aren't overly noticeable and do not weaken or detract from this amazing jacket.

When you look at the price of modern striped 'boating blazers' being sold for over £100 GPB as 'vintage' and 'Gatsbyesque' well for not too much more you are getting the 'real deal.' Jay Gatsby or Sebastian Flyte would have been at home in this fine early 30's blazer! And you could be too!

This is an investment Gents, as the years pass and items like this get more rare, you will be able to get your money back on it. But for now...just wear it and wow those around you.

BUY IT, before I change my mind as it's one of the faves in the Middleton Stables!

Price: £200 (plus actual postage to wherever you are in this big world of ours).

PM me 'if' you want it, thank you.

Kindest Regards, PADDY.

Last edited:

Scottbrad94

New in Town
******** conversion rates this is over twice the original price when converted to AUD (I think perhaps I should more be damning my student budget as well.) :( Such a beautiful jacket I hope it goes to a loving home while I dream of it forever more haha.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24