Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Eartha Kitt died on Christmas

Paisley

I'll Lock Up
I saw Eartha Kitt a few years ago in Cinderella as the fairy godmother. She was terrific.

When Santa Baby was released as a 45, my Uncle Loren bought a copy for Aunt Helen. She still has it. I can't imagine anyone making such a greedy song sound charming, as Eartha Kitt did.

Real Swell Gal

One of the Regulars
Did ya all hear Eartha Kitt died?

NEW YORK (Dec. 25) - Eartha Kitt, a sultry singer, dancer and actress who rose from South Carolina cotton fields to become an international symbol of elegance and sensuality, has died, a family spokesman said. She was 81.
Andrew Freedman said Kitt, who was recently treated at Columbia Presbyterian Hospital, died Thursday of colon cancer.

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
She did her one woman show as a benefit for her daughter's school in Connecticut about 20 years ago, and I was lucky enough to catch it. What a treat! What a master class in performing. Color me sad, too.

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Rest peacefully Ms. Kitt.

She was a great cabaret singer. I caught her a few times with my mother at the Café Carlyle in NYC. My mother loved her; probably saw her twenty or thirty times.

cookie

I'll Lock Up
Growing up with TV early for Australia (1957) and then hanging around the TV on Sunday afternoons etc I rememeber Eartha Kitt in her heyday. She was always saucy and I was told by my Mum that she epitomised true sexiness and talent in a woman. Eartha was all class. Do you remember her as Catwoman in Batman with the cat purrs and how she livened up the show in that suit? Incredible talent RIP EK!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shiny hats