Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Easter duds

Wild Root

Gone Home
Neecerie and JP.

My two bits:

I was raised to believe that one should dress in nice clothes when attending Church. It does show respect and reverence towards our creator. But, not every one can afford to dress nicely or, they have not dressy clothes to wear. So, in my Church, it is advised that the individual should wear the nicest clothes he/she has in their closet. Whether it be the nicest T-shirt or pair of jeans. As long as it’s clean and the nicest clothing one has, it’s acceptable.

We’re not to judge people… that’s the Lords job… men do judge because it’s in our human nature…. We shouldn’t do it nevertheless. It’s hard not to do it but, we should refrain because, let the first man with no sin cast the first stone… remember that proverb?

I wear the nicest clothes I have when I attend my church or any for that matter… it is a sign of respect.

Now, let’s see some more outfits!

=WR=

PS. I think Matt Deckard took some photos yesterday, not sure.

Wild Root said:
My two bits:

I was raised to believe that one should dress in nice clothes when attending Church. It does show respect and reverence towards our creator. But, not every one can afford to dress nicely or, they have not dressy clothes to wear. So, in my Church, it is advised that the individual should wear the nicest clothes he/she has in their closet. Whether it be the nicest T-shirt or pair of jeans. As long as it’s clean and the nicest clothing one has, it’s acceptable.

We’re not to judge people… that’s the Lords job… men do judge because it’s in our human nature…. We shouldn’t do it nevertheless. It’s hard not to do it but, we should refrain because, let the first man with no sin cast the first stone… remember that proverb?

I wear the nicest clothes I have when I attend my church or any for that matter… it is a sign of respect.

Now, let’s see some more outfits!

=WR=

PS. I think Matt Deckard took some photos yesterday, not sure.

Ok, fine. I am sorry I stick up for standards.
Everyone get their pajamas on. Its time to go to church. Here you go thieves. Take that 46 Plymouth I won't judge you wrong. Take all the suits out of the closet in the house too. Here you go, don't forget the radios. :rolleyes: :p

Regards,

J

Wild Root

Gone Home
lol Oh JP, you obviously didn't read my post. I'm all about standards but, some people don't have or can't buy suits or nice dresses... but, yes there are thrift shops that nice things can be bought so, it's better to drop a few bucks for used set of church clothes then continue to wear jeans and T-shirts to church. Just some people are freaked out by used clothing I guess.

No! Hands off my '46 and my radios and my suits! Stay away from here if you value your lives!lol

:eek:fftopic:

Back to our Easter bonnets!

=WR=

Wild Root said:
lol Oh JP, you obviously didn't read my post. I'm all about standards but, some people don't have or can't buy suits or nice dresses... but, yes there are thrift shops that nice things can be bought so, it's better to drop a few bucks for used set of church clothes then continue to wear jeans and T-shirts to church. Just some people are freaked out by used clothing I guess.

No! Hands off my '46 and my radios and my suits! Stay away from here if you value your lives!lol

:eek:fftopic:

Back to our Easter bonnets!

=WR=

Darn. Now I have to take off my pajamas with the feet on them. It saves so much time with shoes and socks. :rolleyes:

Regards,

J

Etienne

A-List Customer
It's a given that there is a general decline in the way people dress these days--whether at church, or at a restaurant, or on a plane or just about anywhere. It seems to me that, if we want it to be different, we need to begin with ourselves and just start a new trend! I grew up dressing up for important events (church included) and I've decided to give in to my urge to resume that practice! That said, in answer to your question: I wore a lovely 3 piece navy and white sort of tweed looking new suit, peep-toe navy heels and handbag, a wonderful red hat and navy gloves to church on Easter--with a strand of pearls and pearl earrings. After services we went to brunch with friends and enjoyed a delicious home-cooked meal and marveled at the beauty of the day and the blessings we enjoy! Then we went to have Easter dinner with family--and today I'm not eating!!

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
Shaul-Ike Cohen said:
I saw every single man in a suit and a good hat, mostly fedoras, with the occasional homburg or fur hat, all the ladies (after services) in modest, but stylish and festive dresses.

But then again, I was at a synagogue :D.

So I'm reading your post, Shaul- and I'm thinking... I'm sure I remember him from the To Whom it May Concern Thread... what was he... ?

Ahhh.... K.

;)

Julius Xavier

One of the Regulars
Easter Attire...

Well you asked for it so now you'll get it. This is what I wore on my Last Easter in Milwaukee. So it was off to church with some friends and then back to my place for an easter dinner which included a honey ham I made on the grill. We all then partook in a couple dozen rounds of croquet in my backyard while we enjoyed the weather, some mint juelups and mamossas. I will miss all of that next year. And with no family close to San Diego I'm going to try and round up as many people to come to my place for easter dinner next year... so the invitation is out there... my place next year Easter Dinner, Mint Juelups, and croquet... does it get any better folks?

Now let me say church is by no means a fashion show... it's not what your wearing that matters. BUT with that said it's always great to be one of the best dressed people in church. I could have done without some of the grandmothers checking me out after church though...:eusa_doh:

So here it is... The Suit.

A simple dark blue pinstripe suit. Topped with my brown Art Fawcett fedora (Which is the first time any of you have seen it on my head) White shirt, black silk tie, basic cuff links and a simple black watch (to match my shoes, belt and the ribbon in the fedora). And Argyle socks with black, blue, brown and white to tie the whole outfit together. I am having my regular dress shoes re-soled so I had to wear my tux shoes...so it looked like I spent 12 hours shining them. Here are the pics... let me know what you think.

141128355.jpg

141128343.jpg

141128326.jpg

141128361.jpg

141128364.jpg

Gosh I need a tan.

Yours in Adventure-

DocIndyJones

DocIndyJones said:
And with no family close to San Diego I'm going to try and round up as many people to come to my place for easter dinner next year... so the invitation is out there... my place next year Easter Dinner, Mint Juelups, and croquet... does it get any better folks?

A simple dark blue pinstripe suit. Topped with my brown Art Fawcett fedora (Which is the first time any of you have seen it on my head) White shirt, black silk tie, basic cuff links and a simple black watch (to match my shoes, belt and the ribbon in the fedora). And Argyle socks with black, blue, brown and white to tie the whole outfit together. I am having my regular dress shoes re-soled so I had to wear my tux shoes...so it looked like I spent 12 hours shining them. Here are the pics... let me know what you think.

Hmmm...Mint Juleps and croquet. Sounds pretty tempting. :D
The whole ensemble looks good to me. I would not have known they were patent shoes if you had not said something. ;)

Regards,

J

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana