Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Easter duds

mysterygal

Call Me a Cab
same here for us...all us girls got into our dresses, went to church..then, since I was really sick, we all decided to just order some pizza and watch movies..was a really relaxing day:)

See? I knew I should have taken pictures. :eusa_doh:
Well, I can describe it I suppose. The weather being what it was we had to be prepared. So for my wife it was her blue/gray "man's fashioned" ladies suit, at least that is how it was described by one of the vintage people when my wife last wore it. On top of that was a midnight blue caplet with holes for the arms. Her hat was a custom made by Art.
I was in a brown 40s three button suit in a windowpane pattern, Native American pattern tie, toe cap shoes and my Palomino hat by Art. The weather dictated a notched lapel, tan top coat. That about sums it up.
We went to church, where on of the usuals commented that he was jealous about my beard :D , then over to my friend's house for a home made---yes ladies, by him, Easter dinner. It was a relaxing day as well. :cheers1:

Regards to all,

J

Vanessa

One Too Many
Mom was in a very smart lavender linen suit she recently picked up and I wore a 50's circle-skirt dress with matching cardigan.

I have to say, I was rather dissapointed by everyone's duds around me on Sunday. We're from the South, and on Easter it's a long standing tradition that you dress to impress on Easter - hats, gloves and all and especially the kids.
There was one little girl at church wearing what looked like pajamas. :eusa_doh:
I always remember being outfitted in pink ruffle-y dresses and lace edged socks on Easter Sunday when I was little. (Matching hat, of course). I just don't see parents doing that much anymore.

Vanessa said:
Mom was in a very smart lavender linen suit she recently picked up and I wore a 50's circle-skirt dress with matching cardigan.

I have to say, I was rather dissapointed by everyone's duds around me on Sunday. We're from the South, and on Easter it's a long standing tradition that you dress to impress on Easter - hats, gloves and all and especially the kids.
There was one little girl at church wearing what looked like pajamas. :eusa_doh:
I always remember being outfitted in pink ruffle-y dresses and lace edged socks on Easter Sunday when I was little. (Matching hat, of course). I just don't see parents doing that much anymore.

Yep, welcome to the casual dress days. :rolleyes:
I love the crack pants and the extra, extra long t-shirts. Then you had the Britney Spears wannabe in from of me. [huh] Real Easter attire. :rolleyes:
I am surprised I didn't see people in pajamas. I suppose they look like they are going to work in the garden. This is from people old enough to know better too. :kick: :icon_smil

Regards,

J

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
My family did that. Gloves, hats, dresses. We were the only ones.
We were all very surprised to learn Saturday night that we actually have, from a grandmother, several pairs of ladies' white gloves in leather, satin, etc., including those elusive 3/4 to the elbow numbers with all the nifty gathers. All had been sitting in a closet, undiscovered.

scotrace said:
My family did that. Gloves, hats, dresses. We were the only ones.
We were all very surprised to learn Saturday night that we actually have, from a grandmother, several pairs of ladies' white gloves in leather, satin, etc., including those elusive 3/4 to the elbow numbers with all the nifty gathers. All had been sitting in a closet, undiscovered.

Any pictures of you with white gloves on? :p :D
My wife wore black gloves.

Regards,

J

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
on the other side...

Those underdressed people were in church weren't they? As opposed to off stealing cars or sinning or whatever....

I am sure God appreciated their presence more then you can malign their wardrobe choices, and it being church, he is who counts there.

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
jamespowers said:
Dressing right is a sign of respect and who more deserving of respect than Him? [huh]
Yes, they are there but are they really there?;)

Regards,

J

I did not say people should act disrespectfully. You were judging a -style- of dress, which is vastly different then saying that person was acting disrespectful .

And who are you to judge what another person's heart and soul contains based on the container it happens to be in? Last I checked the only one capable of that is God.

Shaul-Ike Cohen

One Too Many
I saw every single man in a suit and a good hat, mostly fedoras, with the occasional homburg or fur hat, all the ladies (after services) in modest, but stylish and festive dresses.

But then again, I was at a synagogue :D.

Viola

Call Me a Cab
Shaul-Ike Cohen said:
I saw every single man in a suit and a good hat, mostly fedoras, with the occasional homburg or fur hat, all the ladies (after services) in modest, but stylish and festive dresses.

But then again, I was at a synagogue :D.

Not my synagogue, apparently, where judging by the fashions, what is really Talmudic is the McNabb jersey. lol

Miss Neecerie said:
I did not say people should act disrespectfully. You were judging a -style- of dress, which is vastly different then saying that person was acting disrespectful .

And who are you to judge what another person's heart and soul contains based on the container it happens to be in? Last I checked the only one capable of that is God.

Geez, I thought we judged people guilty of murder, assault, rape, battery and a host of other things. We have to judge because there is no one here to do it. This is the world of man remember? :rolleyes:
I didn't say they were acting disrespectfully. I said they were dressing as such. The truth is the truth.
I am not judging what they think I am judging how they act on it. They should know better. Simple.

Regards,

J

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
easter.jpg

My cousin took this picture of me yesterday when we were picking wildflowers in a field by my grandma's house.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy