Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Eastman A-2 help

GregGale

One of the Regulars
Great comparison pictures, thank you! The more info I get the more I'm sure I HAVE TO try and check them in person... counting the days until the popup store :)

The glider photos were taken in an R-26 "Góbé", and the ones in the other thread, wearing an irvin in an IS28B2. The one where I'm sitting in the right seat was take in a Cessna 172.

Cooper A-2

Practically Family
Great comparison pictures, thank you! The more info I get the more I'm sure I HAVE TO try and check them in person... counting the days until the popup store :)

The glider photos were taken in an R-26 "Góbé", and the ones in the other thread, wearing an irvin in an IS28B2. The one where I'm sitting in the right seat was take in a Cessna 172.
Thx...super..reminds me when I was in your age flying Piper Cub’s , Piper Bonanza and Cessna Cardinal...ages away...

Cooper A-2

Practically Family
Hello Greg..
a very simple quality control testing is...HWT...3x in a row...and after drying...you try it on...After these testings...you check the real stuff you want to wear up in the clouds...Most of the WW2 jacket had at least one or two ditchings...even if only in the bar....just do it the same way...
The brands I show in my pics..all perfect...all others...” fly with the Eagle or crash with....them”
See you on the ELC show!

Cocker

Practically Family
I also do enjoy your cockpit photos... ( looks like from a Zlin, T-6, Cap 21 ,or Electra...or?)

Thanks Cooper! It's an SNJ-5, the naval version of the T-6. It's owned by a friend of mine in France, and I now have 5 hours flying time on it. Nothing fancy, no take-offs or landings, juste some fun in between :)

This is the one:

3601.jpg

Cooper A-2

Practically Family
Thanks Cooper! It's an SNJ-5, the naval version of the T-6. It's owned by a friend of mine in France, and I now have 5 hours flying time on it. Nothing fancy, no take-offs or landings, juste some fun in between :)

This is the one:

3601.jpg
LA GRANDE CLASSE!!!!!
My old man was an instructor on this bird after his career in the “Vichy club” and then Fi. 156 And “ Morane 500” plus tout le reste...
He ended up as a flight istructor in the US.... on Bearcats and othes for Indochina..
Never came home dans la vielle France..

Last edited:

Cocker

Practically Family
Salute to your father, Cooper. He must have been a brave man, and I'm sure that even you didn't knew him much, you are proud of him.

For your information, this SNJ is based in Blois-le-Breuil (LFOQ). If you've ever been to La Ferté-Alais airshow, you must have seen it, as Fred is flying in the Tora every year.

Cooper A-2

Practically Family
Salute to your father, Cooper. He must have been a brave man, and I'm sure that even you didn't knew him much, you are proud of him.

For your information, this SNJ is based in Blois-le-Breuil (LFOQ). If you've ever been to La Ferté-Alais airshow, you must have seen it, as Fred is flying in the Tora every year.
Grand merci! je l ai vu et salué!
Je dois beaucoup à l’ Armée de L’ Air. Grand merci à vous et à tous.
Thx to you and to all here, as well as to the French Air Force...I owe it a big one since I was little.
Thx to all of you..

Fanch

I'll Lock Up

This is the one:

3601.jpg
I have always wanted to fly that USN trainer. Most of my hours are in the T-34B but a few hours in the T-28, which was a much hotter bird way back when but far less forgiving than the T-34.

T-34B.jpg
T-34B

T-28.jpg
T-28

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner