Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Eastman A-2 sizing?

Dferr17

New in Town
Hello:

I have a lovely Rough Wear 27752 A-2 contract from Eastman.

At about 5' 8" and 165 pounds (fairly athletic build), the size 42 fits me well, especially in the shoulders and body. It's slightly long in the arms (my shirt-sleeve length is 32/33). Discerning connoisseurs would point to some tunneling on the sleeves (the knit cuffs are slightly compressed) on my flight jacket.

If compelled to gripe, unlike other top end producers, Eastman no longer makes adjustments in specifications. It no longer custom manufactures. But while they are off the rack, they are of high quality.

The seal brown War Horse hide (w/ OD green thread) is gorgeous.

The 27752 does look fantastic along with the war horse hide. Also, happen to have a larger pic? Considering im also an athletic build and work out, im leaning towards the 44" again. I just dont want anything overly big and ballooning.

Amir

New in Town
The 27752 does look fantastic along with the war horse hide. Also, happen to have a larger pic?

Here you go...

Rough Wear 1.jpg
Rough Wear 3.jpg
Rough Wear 2.jpg
Rough Wear 4.jpg

When you reach out to Charles, you will find him well versed with fit issues, and responsive to your questions.

P.S. The Avatar photo is my Teamster.

Last edited:

HPA Rep

Vendor
Has anyone figured out or know why on HPA the 27752 cost more than ordering it directly through ELC?

Thanks for inquiring, Dferr17. Our office opens on the 9th @ 10 AM EDT and I'll personally help you if you get in touch after that time, but I wanted to jump in her now since you've been asking since the 1st and you seem to have some erroneous info.

I don't know how you derived that the Rough Wear 27752 was cheaper from ELC, so please do explain that, because it's very clearly not the case. Our price is $1, 180.00 (inclusive of all associated costs to bring into the USA), plus shipping & insurance, while ELC's price is 774.99 GBP plus shipping & insurance, and exclusive of all associated costs to bring into the USA). Allowing for the ongoing fluctuation of exchange rates, let's just assume the exchange rate is 1.57 USD/1 GBP, thus the A-2 priced from ELC but not shipped or even paid for, would be $1, 216.73. I cannot see how this is cheaper, and when shipping (45 GBP), duty (6% of the product cost for horsehide leather and based on an exchange rate set two times per year by U. S. Customs), currency-conversion fees (typically, 3% of the total charged on your credit card, which includes shipping, so about $38.50), and processing fees are added in (I believe Fed Ex is $25.00, which is ELC's shipper), the difference to actually take possession gets even more pronounced. And if you need to return it, you'll have far greater costs shipping to the UK than to us in NJ, plus you need to fill out forms to make sure you only pay duty once, assuming you're getting another size.

Regarding your size, you could indeed be either a 42 or 44, but a long seems unnecessary right now, and I'd need the intel on your wearing desires and taste in fit to give a more precise reply. If you wish to put fit in perspective, you can check out me wearing a size 40R on our affiliate thread here on TFL:

http://www.thefedoralounge.com/show...on-Associates-Official-Affiliate-Thread/page4

I look forward to helping you get the best fit in this wonderful A-2 style. Thanks.

HPA Rep

Vendor
The HPA website has a 7 days return policy, so you could order both a 42 and 44 and return the one you don't like.
Or order one of them and exchange it if it doesn't fit....

Thanks for pointing this out; any of the above can work well for customers, which is SOP at HPA. Since this customer is in NJ, it's cheaper to ship 2 jackets in one box to compare fits, assuming it's a close call to make after learning what he desires in the A-2.

HPA Rep

Vendor
Thanks for all the helpful responses, I wasn't expecting it so quickly. I just wish there was a place to try one of these on. I did email eastman directly and gary recommended a 44" also. I was thinking either a 42" or 42". The jacket also seems a couple hundred cheaper through them. I have an original m-65 field jacket, size medium regular that fits great, maybe those measurements could be useful for comparison.

Though the M-65 and A-2 are very different, I'm thinking the 42 might be the ticket for you. Of course, the WarHorse horsehide must be accounted for, as well as the sort of fit you want and what you wish to wear under the A-2.

Pricing is addressed in my other reply to you, for which there appears to be some sort of error in how you came to such a conclusion.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy