Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Eastman - a new direction?

bn1966

My Mail is Forwarded Here
There was a guy walking along the road the other day whose pants were so low he was showing his derriere (no under garments either) :eeek:. Where's a copper when you need one?

Last edited:

bn1966

I don't like the decoration on the B3 either, puts my Disco Gold CWU-36P in the shade. Won't say what I think of the belt with ELMC on it...would look dandy worn alongside that CWU Smithy :cool:

bn1966

Stand By...your pants are too high, not :cool:, no under wear showing.

Edward

Bartender
There was a guy walking along the road the other day whose pants were so low he was showing his derriere (no under garments either) :eeek:. Where's a copper when you need one?

Just be glad you only caught the rear view. I mean, if they were that low.... eep.

I don't like the decoration on the B3 either, puts my Disco Gold CWU-36P in the shade. Won't say what I think of the belt with ELMC on it...would look dandy worn alongside that CWU Smithy :cool:

I think these are tweaks made with the Japanese market very much in mind. I've got a Johnson D pocket with a bit of subtle rhinestoning on the belt and the jacket itself, but it's not branding or a logo or anything - not to my taste. I can't imagine I'm the target customer for a belt at that price, though.

Swoosed

One of the Regulars
I'm pretty sure you've hit the nail on the head. As I mentioned earlier in this thread ELC are already popular in Japan and I reckon this new line is set up as a purely new revenue stream to run parallel to their WWII milspec stuff with a focus on the Japanese market first and foremost.

We know the Japanese are willing to pay silly money for vintage inspired clothing and especially Americana, and I'd say that this is what ELMC is mostly about.

Just my 2c worth.

Being a multiple generation American, the irony that the Japanese are jonesing for "Americana" made by the English is quite interesting, albeit somewhat disturbing.

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
I'm turning into my folks in some respects for sure... probably worse, given that I opted for cats instead of children!

Edward, I'm not quite sure what is worse: pandering to children; or to cats, but it's bound to have bad consequences either way ;)

And what about the thing that all the young 'uns do with their fingers whilst taking their "selfies" - making gang signs !!! - that kills me. They'd all NEED those crotch pants if any of them ever strayed from the safety of their malls and rich parents' neighbourhoods and ran in to some real gang members !!!
I hope that contagion never catches on around here ... otherwise, when people ask for pics of a new jacket, instead of seeing this:

View attachment 9322 [

They'll get this ....!!!

View attachment 9323 View attachment 9324 View attachment 9325 View attachment 9326 View attachment 9327 View attachment 9329 View attachment 9330

For sanity's sake, let's keep it real, gentlemen ...

Quite simply the maddest Irvin photos ever posted on TFL. Well done Stand By but your trousers aren't nearly saggy enough. Now go back and try again :D

Disco nylon and rhinestones - you might be onto something there BN!

Being a multiple generation American, the irony that the Japanese are jonesing for "Americana" made by the English is quite interesting, albeit somewhat disturbing.

It's a funny old world Swoosed, and it seems to be getting funnier by the minute ;)

yes, yes we do...

Swoosed, you've no doubt reached the "I'll just have a beer, whisky, wine, etc, etc" stage and hope that it will have all worked itself out by the morning!

Stand By

One Too Many
Quite simply the maddest Irvin photos ever posted on TFL. Well done Stand By but your trousers aren't nearly saggy enough. Now go back and try again :D

I'm glad you liked them, Smithy. I just threw them up here as things can get a little dry around here at times - I mean, Christ, if we can't laugh at ourselves occasionally, well ....

And no.

:)

Last edited:

IXL

One Too Many
I'm glad you liked them, Smithy. I just threw them up here as things can get a little dry around here at times - I mean, Christ, if we can't laugh at ourselves occasionally, well ....

And no.

:)

I just saw that "second attachment" image. All I can say is "Yo, B...., what up!!"
That picture, now *that* was funny.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ALittleBitOfCompany