Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Eastman B-3 .50 or 1943 Model?

credon

New in Town
Hi everyone. I'm considering purchasing a B-3 from Eastman. I really like both their 1943 model and the .50 style. Anyone own a .50? I own a real B-3 and love the look but I also don't want a new jacket that will be mistaken for just some old coat. I guess I want a new cool B-3 with just a enough vintage appearance if that makes sense. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! Don

alfyman

One of the Regulars
credon said:
Hi everyone. I'm considering purchasing a B-3 from Eastman. I really like both their 1943 model and the .50 style. Anyone own a .50? I own a real B-3 and love the look but I also don't want a new jacket that will be mistaken for just some old coat. I guess I want a new cool B-3 with just a enough vintage appearance if that makes sense. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! Don
Good Choice, Eastman is Great.

Edward

Bartender
The pre-broken in Eastman jackets look fantastic, though for myself I'd rather save the difference and break the jacket in myself.

havocpaul

One of the Regulars
I think you answered your question yourself, the 50.Cal does look like a well-worn vintage jacket so if you want to avoid that then go for the ordinary standard version which will look new but gain wear over time. I agree that Eastman is a fine choice whichever you go for.

credon

New in Town
I ended up purchasing the standard B-3 from Eastman rather than the .50 cal. It was delivered in about 3-4 weeks (I'm in the US). I must say, the jacket is amazing! I own original B-3's and this one is dead on to them. It just needs broken in a little! I hope this helps anyone that is on the fence about Eastman.

credon

New in Town
I went with a size 44. Knowing that I will have a heavy shirt on, it's just perfect. I am on the edge of 42 or 44 acording to their size chart, so I went larger and I'm glad I did. I think I would go with a 42 if the jacket was an A-2 though. I will post photos of the jacket in the next couple of days.

sbhva

Familiar Face
Credon;

Could you please post the measurements of your jacket? I think I am between a 44 and a 46. I would like the following measurements: pit to pit across the front with the jacket zipped, shoulder seam to shoulder seam across the back, arm length from shoulder seam to cuff, and back length from the bottom of the collar to the hem. Thanks for your help.

Radz108

One of the Regulars
I ended up purchasing the standard B-3 from Eastman rather than the .50 cal. It was delivered in about 3-4 weeks (I'm in the US). I must say, the jacket is amazing! I own original B-3's and this one is dead on to them. It just needs broken in a little! I hope this helps anyone that is on the fence about Eastman.

Did you order your jacket from HPA (History Preservation Assoc.) or directly from Eastman Leather UK?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR