Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Eastman Leather B3 1937 thoughts

sgt pepper

One of the Regulars
Hey,

I just recently picked up an Eastman B3 1937 in a size 44 direct from Eastman. It’s been in the stock room for a while and I was told it’s the darker hide compared to the new ones which are lighter (I prefer the darker shade personally) so jumped at it.

Let me know your thoughts on the fit. If they made a 45 I would have gone for that as it feels a tad snug. I think a 46 would just look too big. I’m hoping it will eventually break in and loosen up some? The cuffs are bloody tight and again, hoping they cut me some slack. Any thoughts more than welcome.

IMG_1208.jpeg
IMG_1210.jpeg
IMG_1207.jpeg

Tom71

Call Me a Cab
Absolute stunner!

Visually a great fit too! What makes you think it’s too snug? Reason I ask is that I have an Eastman B3 in 44 too. It’s the right size, but overhead motion is restricted by the very narrow cuff openings.

Anyway, have not seen a more beautiful B3!

Benny Holiday

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Greetings from Liverpool Australia to Liverpool England! Looks to me like you couldn't do better with either the fit or the look of that B3. Possibly the best I've ever seen (IMO).

Ulysse

New in Town
certainly no bigger. you look good! and this jacket looks better in that sort of yellow than in white imo

sgt pepper

One of the Regulars
Hey,

Thank you for the kind words! Yes it’s a stunner I have to agree. I just wish the cuffs weren’t so tight which like you said, restricts the movement. I truly think a 46 would look silly so just going to put some time into this and see if it “moulds” to my body.

Thanks!
Greetings from Liverpool Australia to Liverpool England! Looks to me like you couldn't do better with either the fit or the look of that B3. Possibly the best I've ever seen (IMO).

Tom71

Call Me a Cab
Hey,

Thank you for the kind words! Yes it’s a stunner I have to agree. I just wish the cuffs weren’t so tight which like you said, restricts the movement. I truly think a 46 would look silly so just going to put some time into this and see if it “moulds” to my body.

Thanks!

I have come to appreciate the tight cuffs to some extent. I use my B3 to shovel snow when needed and then wear it just over a short-sleeve T-Shirt. The cuffs perfectly keep out the cold, so I guess it´s a functional feature in the end.

bn1966

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I went down to ELC & tried on B-3’s. I am a 46” chest but size up to 48 on A-2’s to get a comfortable fit. Tried on a 48 B3 and it looked like I’d been jumped on by a bear…not a good look..yours looks great.

Tom71

Call Me a Cab
Hey,

Thanks!

I have come to appreciate the tight cuffs to some extent. I use my B3 to shovel snow when needed and then wear it just over a short-sleeve T-Shirt. The cuffs perfectly keep out the cold, so I guess it´s a functional feature in the end.

sgt pepper

One of the Regulars
Yeah exactly. I have so many jackets, mainly horsehide so just something I’m not used too but I absolutely love it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner