Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Eastman Leather Clothing USAC A-1 Capeskin Flying

samo

One of the Regulars
Hi HPA Rep,

I really like to check Your jackets You are presenting here. What I can spot is that they really fits You well even the B3 which is ussually more chubby jacket. Now I am wondering if these jackets are standard models or they are customized - tapered to Your fit?

Thanks, Samo

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
Hi HPA Rep,

I really like to check Your jackets You are presenting here. What I can spot is that they really fits You well even the B3 which is ussually more chubby jacket. Now I am wondering if these jackets are standard models or they are customized - tapered to Your fit?

Thanks, Samo

They're off the rack - our rep has a nice thin build for these garments - as he says in all his posts.

samo

One of the Regulars
They're off the rack - our rep has a nice thin build for these garments - as he says in all his posts.

Just re-checking Seb, I guess that athletic build is really not of some help at the off-the-rack jackets?

Last edited:

HPA Rep

Vendor
Hi HPA Rep,

Thanks, Samo

Thank you, Samo! Seb has correctly indicated that every style I'm wearing is an off-the-rack size; Eastman doesn't offer any custom tailoring such as waist tapers, etc., but they do offer longs and extra longs. I'd say that how a jacket will fit you depends on the size of the jacket in relation to your own body shape and type, so if you have an athletic build and can comfortably wear the jacket in a trim, close-fitting manner, then you'll likely have a look somewhat similar to what you see in these photos, which includes the bulky B-3 jacket.

I just confirmed an interesting observation regarding Eastman's AN-J-4 jacket, which is that due to its multiple areas of reinforcement with horsehide, it's quite a rigid, structured fit out of the box, lacking some of the puffiness of a B-3, thus even though I would choose a size 40R to own, I could wear a size 42R and probably never bat an eye if that was the size handed to me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DavidZL