Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Eastman Star size help!

morrison2951

Practically Family
Here's a HH Norshor take on a cossack collar with knits and a more trim fit.

Attachments

• 20220103_182109.jpg
    20220103_182109.jpg
    394.5 KB · Views: 121

JHamilton

New in Town
I think the fit looks good. A trim A2 can look good but feels like a straight jacket to me. Since you have experience though you do know what you like. I think the advise to try different layers could be prudent depending on where you live.The A2 maker/contract matrix may be the most difficult of all patterns to solve. For grins here are pics of 2 of my Eastman. A 38 rw and a 42 slender. Rw looks pretty good but for T shirt open only. The slender is layerable and zipable which are musts for me.

View attachment 422749 View attachment 422750
Love the fit on the 1st pic, this is how an A-2 should fit I think

Dumpster Diver

Practically Family
Anyone have any thoughts about wearing A-2's until the front at the bottom would fold under around the waist line so that little tab that stuck out where the zipper meets is tucked under the pockets and it's broken in like that with some seat time and flattened down, shortening it up some too? I have that same feeling about bunched up gather at the back on an A-2 so I'm wary of this as many of you are as well.

marker2037

Practically Family
Love the fit on the 1st pic, this is how an A-2 should fit I think
I actually disagree and think that first picture is too tight on him for an A-2. I like the fit in the second and I also like the fit of the new jacket you bought vs. your old one. That's how it should fit and the leather will settle down over time, drape, and cling to you better, which is what it sounds like you want.

JHamilton

New in Town
I actually disagree and think that first picture is too tight on him for an A-2. I like the fit in the second and I also like the fit of the new jacket you bought vs. your old one. That's how it should fit and the leather will settle down over time, drape, and cling to you better, which is what it sounds like you want.
Thanks, I am in two minds what to do really. Let it go or keep it and hope it wears in as it is brand new and stiff at the moment. If the sleeves shorten at least that would be better, at the moment it looks like I’m wearing my dads jacket!

morrison2951

Practically Family
Looks to me to be a good A-2 fit.

They can be finicky. Personally, I only wear a couple jackets with knits because of this "blousy" issue.

bn1966

My Mail is Forwarded Here
It is possible to get the sleeves shortened, I’ve had it done several times to good effect.

JHamilton

New in Town
Ok so I have decided I love this jacket! I am going to give it a chance to break on. I definitely couldn’t go smaller than this! I think with wear it will form to my body and shrink a little in the arms, then it will be brilliant! Thanks all for the bell and advice! :)

Attachments

• 4BDA8CC2-4D0F-41C9-99A2-74DE9A067822.png
    4BDA8CC2-4D0F-41C9-99A2-74DE9A067822.png
    4.5 MB · Views: 97
  • 90D1FD54-0359-41B0-8E4A-4A061AB3F087.png
    90D1FD54-0359-41B0-8E4A-4A061AB3F087.png
    4.5 MB · Views: 104

Dumpster Diver

Practically Family
Nice! Congrats!!!

I'd get one of these myself for sure! top of the heap!!

She's the bees knees I tells ya!

Grab yourself a bottle Champagne, definitely.

JHamilton

New in Town
Just to update, I love this jacket but I really still am not fully happy with it. I do think I need the next size down but In a different contract. It’s just too long and it feels big and bulky when wearing with a T-shirt which is what I wear most of the time with A-2s.

I’m thinking of going for the roughwear 27752 in size 36, I do much prefer the trim look, don’t like all the excess leather at the back and tunneling on the arms. I am only short which is the main problem I have with the Star

JHamilton

New in Town
In my opinion that looks a little small on you. I'd much prefer how the new one you bought fits. Also looks more historically correct I would say.
I’m kind of in between the 2, the new one is one size too big I’d say in body length and arms. Just feels too bulky on me like I’m wearing something too big

JHamilton

New in Town
I’m kind of in between the 2, the new one is one size too big I’d say in body length and arms. Just feels too bulky on me like I’m wearing something too big

Attachments

• C033086C-6A9A-4FAB-A430-4E36D7B5DC9D.jpeg
    C033086C-6A9A-4FAB-A430-4E36D7B5DC9D.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 90

Kenan

A-List Customer
Maybe the pattern isn't right for you? Maybe another one of the original maker jackets would be better. I'd go for the Rough Wear 27752 if it was me.

Dumpster Diver

Practically Family
My granny would have told you to wear a scarf with your Jacket, so you don't get a ring on the collar!! You'll wreck your collar that way if you don't, Just sayin'...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21