Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

eBay global shipping program?

Lebowski

This guy has numerous complaints from sellers.
Btw, I know only one shipping option which is even worse than eBay Global Sipping Program - it's UPS. Their rates are always highly overpriced too, they always ask extra fees (which are quite pricey) for their "customs procedures", they have unfriendly annoying service on the whole etc.
Both (eBay's GSP and UPS) are in blacklist for now. Never again.
I always prefer to use national postal services (each from their home country, i.e. USPS from USA, Deutsche Post from Germany, Royal Mail from UK etc.) - it's the only best way for internatonal shipping. Period.

Last edited:

HanauMan

Practically Family
The few times that I used this system there weren't any problems for me. From the US to UK items took about two and a half to three weeks (for some reason there were usually lengthy delays in London).

Before that I'd usually get a card from my mail man saying that my international package was sitting in the local depot ready for collection but I had to pay British Customs first to pick it.

Downunder G Man

One Too Many
ebay global shipping to Australia is the pits ! Either from the US or the UK.

I find it to be way overpriced to here when compared to USPS priority airmail or regular Royal mail post out of the UK

The Ebay post autocalculator is nutzo , and the seller cannot see that , only the potential buyer

I email the seller asking for a "normal" post quote and if they will do that (some won't !) it is often 50% or LESS !!

If they will not/cannot procure a "normal" quote then I no longer bid on the item

I will give you an example. # 8 Zipper head REPAIR box , a small item that could come in an envelope , $16.94 AUD to buy in the US but $56.11 to post !!

I CAN GET A COMPLETE JACKET DELIVERED FROM THE UK FOR $43 AUD OR FROM THE USA FOR $55 IF IT IS NOT EBAY GLOBAL SHIPPING !!

ebay global Jacket shipping USA to Perth Western Australia "autoquotes" at often $96 or thereabouts. Hard to negate as well.

My last Schott purchase out of the UK came by " parcel2go " cost $35.45 AUD

Some sellers are not for any post modification which is their prerogative.

Last edited:

sweetfights

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I hate it but I am in Canada so we get the shaft. The service automatically adds on GST (Federal goods and services tax) plus an inflated brokerage and handling fee. It also adds an extra week on travel time since the package would ship from the ebay seller to a depot. It then gets reboxed, sometimes quite badly, then shipped up to Canada.

It is cheaper for me, as a buyer, without it.

Yes- TERRIBLE for Canadians.
If you want to pay import, duties, tax and receive slow delivery buy from those who use eBay Global Shipping.
Terrible in every respect.

l0fielectronic

Practically Family
I've had a couple of bad experiences and a couple where my item did arrive(after a lengthy delay). US to UK items seem to get shipped all about the country before they eventually leave. The two items that did never arrive I did get a refund on, took about another six weeks to sort out and to get the refund from eBay. Don't generally agree with their calculations on cost of shipping plus import tax/fees which always seem to be much more than I would normally pay either so I do only buy from sellers using it as a last resort and wouldn't use it as a seller myself.

One of my missing items popped up from a seller at one of its delivery stops a few weeks later which was odd. Would be interesting to know how it works/what service is used as the tracking on one item went through about twenty different cities in the US, including the same one twice at one point.

Amazes me how that service can be so bad yet the couple of times I've bought items from aliexpress and rakuten in Japan the items have generally arrived within a couple of days.

Hopefully your item makes it.

So UPS picked it up yesterday and delivered it here today (I assume the post office takes over from here) but the tracking number is not one I've ever seen before:
  • Oct 16, 2018
  • 10:15am
  • Arrived at the Global Shipping Center - Delivered
  • LICHFIELD, WS138

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
Man that's the worst! Is it refundable...

Well, it inexplicably turned up today, delivered by a different company than the one that was supposed to deliver in the first place, and it cost me an extra £15 for good measure, but at least it turned up...
Vanson goodness!

Mich486

One Too Many
So UPS picked it up yesterday and delivered it here today (I assume the post office takes over from here) but the tracking number is not one I've ever seen before:
  • Oct 16, 2018
  • LICHFIELD, WS138

I normally get something like 3 different tracking numbers at different stages when using the global shipping programme... never understand which one to use. The tracking progress on eBay is also useless as it gets updated with a huge delay. Well the important thing is that you got your delivery. ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I normally get something like 3 different tracking numbers at different stages when using the global shipping programme... never understand which one to use. The tracking progress on eBay is also useless as it gets updated with a huge delay. Well the important thing is that you got your delivery. ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Oh no it's still in the UK...the "delivered" mark is for it's arrival at the GSP distro center...it still has to cross the pond and sit in several others before I see it...

Well, it inexplicably turned up today, delivered by a different company than the one that was supposed to deliver in the first place, and it cost me an extra £15 for good measure, but at least it turned up...
Vanson goodness!

Which one??

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
Which one??

The CHP that @jacketjunkie had in the classifieds a few weeks ago.
Great jacket, very different leather than my comp weight Chopper! Much more grain and shine, much thinner and lighter. I sent Vanson an email asking if they can tell what leather was used via the serial, will post pictures of both next week when i have time.

Edit: i got an answer from Vanson, and this CHP is from 2008 and is made of comp weight leather. Interestingly it is much thinner and lighter than my 2016 Chopper, also made from comp weight.
It seems the rumour that "new comp weight is thin and crap" is unfounded after all!

Last edited:
Carrie mentioned that there has always been some variation in Vanson's CW. No matter the year. Looks like that indeed is the case.

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
Carrie mentioned that there has always been some variation in Vanson's CW. No matter the year. Looks like that indeed is the case.

Yep, i just wasn't expecting that much difference!

Chopper 2016: 3.60 kg / 7.95 lb
CHP 2008: 2.9kg / 6.3lb

I will post comparative shots tomorrow.

The CHP that @jacketjunkie had in the classifieds a few weeks ago.
Great jacket, very different leather than my comp weight Chopper! Much more grain and shine, much thinner and lighter. I sent Vanson an email asking if they can tell what leather was used via the serial, will post pictures of both next week when i have time.

Edit: i got an answer from Vanson, and this CHP is from 2008 and is made of comp weight leather. Interestingly it is much thinner and lighter than my 2016 Chopper, also made from comp weight.
It seems the rumour that "new comp weight is thin and crap" is unfounded after all!

Ah, that one. Beautiful jacket. Can't wait for the review. :)

The "new comp weight" that appears to be thinner (don't know, haven't seen it) is the one they've only started using this year. I've had a 2012, 2016 and 2017 Vanson jackets and they were identical.

• Oct 17, 2018
  • 18:01pm
  • Customs Documentation and Labeling
  • Lichfield, Staffordshire WS13 8UR
  • Oct 16, 2018
  • 18:09pm
  • Delay at the Global Shipping Center - SYSTEM_RESTRICTION
  • Oct 16, 2018
  • 14:28pm
  • Delay at the Global Shipping Center - POTENTIAL_RESTRICTION
  • Oct 16, 2018
  • 14:28pm
  • Processing at the Global Shipping Center
  • Oct 16, 2018
  • LICHFIELD, WS138
  • Oct 15, 2018
  • 23:47pm
  • In Transit - Destination Scan
  • Tamworth
  • Oct 15, 2018
  • 22:52pm
  • In Transit - Arrival Scan
  • Tamworth
  • Oct 15, 2018
  • 21:15pm
  • In Transit - Departure Scan
  • Northampton
  • Oct 15, 2018
  • 19:16pm
  • In Transit - Origin Scan
  • Northampton
  • Oct 15, 2018
  • 12:11pm
  • In Transit - Pickup Scan
  • Northampton
  • Oct 15, 2018
  • 04:01am
  • In Transit - Order Processed: Ready for UPS
  • Oct 14, 2018
  • 20:01pm PDT
  • Tracking number provided

Last edited:

Colin G

One Too Many
Another cash grab by those rip-off artists named Ebay.

Ebay offer this service because they obviously make extra revenue off it or it would not be offered at all.

RicchRoss

New in Town
Another cash grab by those rip-off artists named Ebay.

Ebay offer this service because they obviously make extra revenue off it or it would not be offered at all.
Dude, I agree with you.
eBay is getting worse in time, I'm a member since 2003 at the beginning eBay protected the buyer from fraudulent transactions, so I felt confident in my purchasing on their site, NOW it's the worse online site.
Three years ago I got scammed for $78 for an Epson printer THAT NEVER ARRIVED, and they just give me the run around in which I end up in losing the money, so I closed my account. Last year went back to eBay and ordered a few, this all went fine until they failed to change my shipping address and about to lose another item due to their lack of management. My primary address was correct, but apparently it doesn't mean that the shipping address will change automatically, and they don't alert you to that fact. eBay is worth nothing. I now only use services of the track package from china. It delivers quickly, and I have never had any problems.

Last edited:
Resurrection of this thread reminded me to check the status of an item I've been waiting since...

Capture.png

I guess we all gonna have that one package that's going to get lost. Luckily, it wasn't anything particularly valuable but I don't think I'll ever see those $50 again.

Resurrection of this thread reminded me to check the status of an item I've been waiting since...

Capture.png

I guess we all gonna have that one package that's going to get lost. Luckily, it wasn't anything particularly valuable but I don't think I'll ever see those $50 again.
They should’ve used a larger font for “Arriving late”. Man at least file a claim and make them pay!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk