Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay selling help please!

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
I've never sold anything on the bay before, but I do have like 450 excellent feedback. Anyhoo, I have something that I want to sell to a particular ebay member. I know that I could do a buy it now, but is there a way to just send her an invoice directly through the bay without all that? Thanks!
Nikki

Maj.Nick Danger

I'll Lock Up
You could just take payment by paypal outside of ebay if you trust this person's reputation. Other than that, you could arrange a buy it now at a certain time that is convenient for both.
Oh, and I would recommend ebay's "Turbolister" program for listing items for sale. You put all your info and pics in a form and then upload it to them. Much quicker than trying to list on their more often than not jammed up server.

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
I don't think there's any way to do that, but if you have Paypal, you can invoice via that site easily, and handle the sale via email.

PA Dancer

A-List Customer
I was going to say the same thing....Paypal...
Log into your paypal account, click on the send invoice tab, enter her email address, and invoice info, and you are done.

You miss out on the feed back of ebay, but if you want to want to sell it to this person...one feed back point is no big deal.

Another option is list it when you know you are both on line at the same time.
When you list something, it takes a few minutes to appear in the general listings.
If you know she is on line the same time you just listed it, you can send her the http/www link to view the item...and include a buy it now price.

That way you get the feedback, and you sell it to who you want to...but...just make sure she is online at that moment.

Good Luck,
Ann

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Yes, send a Paypal invoice directly and skip Ebay all together. OK, you won't get the Ebay feedback, but you will avoid the Ebay listing fees!

panamag8or

Practically Family
If you want to sell within ebay for the feedback, set your auction as a BIN, and put their username, and only their name, in an approved bidder list. That way, they are the only ones that can successfully bid on the item.

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
panamag8or said:
If you want to sell within ebay for the feedback, set your auction as a BIN, and put their username, and only their name, in an approved bidder list. That way, they are the only ones that can successfully bid on the item.

Thank you Panamag8or! I had no idea that could be done... well, obviously! :p

Thanks to everyone else as well. I'm not worried about the feedback, but I don't really *know* this person. And since we've emailed through ebay I don't want to get in trouble. But I guess since I have her email addy now it wouldn't matter, eh? I've never sold anything to anyone online so I guess I'm just worried about the whole process.
Nikki

Maj.Nick Danger

I'll Lock Up
ohairas said:
Thank you Panamag8or! I had no idea that could be done... well, obviously! :p

Thanks to everyone else as well. I'm not worried about the feedback, but I don't really *know* this person. And since we've emailed through ebay I don't want to get in trouble. But I guess since I have her email addy now it wouldn't matter, eh? I've never sold anything to anyone online so I guess I'm just worried about the whole process.
Nikki
Nothing to worry about really. If someone sends you the electronic cash, it's a done deal once you receive it unless you elect to refund part or all of it. Figure in about 3.5 % to cover Paypal's fees. Have fun and happy ebaying.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21