Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ELC A-2 turning color

too much coffee

Practically Family
Gentlemen;

I have a question about my only Eastman A-2. It's their house model I purchased in 1999 in seal brown smooth horsehide. I've recently noticed the jacket (in certain ambient light situations) has what I would call a slight purple hue to it. Now I know the seal brown is not as dark as when new, especially wearing it to the exposure of the Arizona sun, but purple? I have taken pics of the jacket but cannot replicate the color as it truly is.

Any idea if I can get the jacket respayed or whatnot and by whom.

It's really starting to annoy me and I'd like to get it rectified.

Thank you all for your ideas and suggestions...........coffee out

aswatland

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I know what you mean. Some of their goatskin Cables had a purple hew. Rather than respray your jacket, why not sell it and by a Good Wear?

too much coffee

Practically Family
Andrew;

Thanks for the response. I've fired off an e-mail to ELC about a respray. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to have a Goodwear but I can't ever see myself parting with this jacket.
Well maybe I can get a pay raise soon!

Regards..........coffee

havocpaul

One of the Regulars
I've always been a fan of depot respray A-2's!
Andrew, at this rate you'll be seen as a rep for GW! Be careful, you might not be let on the ELC stand today!!!

aswatland

My Mail is Forwarded Here
havocpaul said:
I've always been a fan of depot respray A-2's!
Andrew, at this rate you'll be seen as a rep for GW! Be careful, you might not be let on the ELC stand today!!!

Good point Paul, I'll have to be on my best behaviour in the Eastman mobile shop at FL!lol

too much coffee

Practically Family
Just received a response from Gary at ELC in reference to my A-2.
1. ".....not really possible to re-dye it as the leather hides would have been done at the tannery when the leather was produced. A wipe on dye could be used, which could possibly achieve what you're looking for, but that can sometimes give the jacket a tendancy to look too pigmented. So it's a bit of a risk to whether you would be pleased with the result or not."

2. "airmail each way, close to $100......we would charge about $70 to do the job.

3. "We can do it, but it would have to be done on the understanding that you would accept whatever it comes out like."

Anyone else with suggestions?

I guess you're right Andrew, get a Goodwear and be done with it!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy