Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Election Night Watch Party--What's your drink of choice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Paladin

My Mail is Forwarded Here
First the disclaimer; this post is completely apolitical!

Election night watch parties are a staple at Mr. Paladin's home. At his election parties, only American drinks are served, to celebrate the quintessential uniqueness of the American political process. The whiskey of choice is always Old Grandad, the classic heavy rye bourbon.

So now the question; party or not--What is your drink of choice for election night festivities?

LizzieMaine

Bartender
I'm going to be serving up $2 Pabst Blue Ribbon drafts (the All-American Brew) in our Balcony Bar -- we're showing the returns live on the big screen after the feature picture is over, and continuing until there's a final result. Depending on how long it goes, my drink of choice may be Bromo-Seltzer.

Hemingway Jones

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
LizzieMaine said:
I'm going to be serving up $2 Pabst Blue Ribbon drafts (the All-American Brew) in our Balcony Bar -- we're showing the returns live on the big screen after the feature picture is over, and continuing until there's a final result. Depending on how long it goes, my drink of choice may be Bromo-Seltzer.
As an aside, Pabst has garnerd a lot of street cred by purporting to be a blue collar authentic and old brewing company, when in fact it is nothing more than a marketing company whose product is produced by Miller. That's clever marketing indeed.

Feraud

Bartender
Hemingway Jones said:
As an aside, Pabst has garnerd a lot of street cred by purporting to be a blue collar authentic and old brewing company, when in fact it is nothing more than a marketing company whose product is produced by Miller. That's clever marketing indeed.
And another aside, Pabst gets a mention by Dennis Hopper in the movie Blue Velvet. Some say any press is good press.
I only know this because it was on televison last night.

Dr Doran

Feraud said:
And another aside, Pabst gets a mention by Dennis Hopper in the movie Blue Velvet. Some say any press is good press.
I only know this because it was on televison last night.

Yes, Jeffrey (Kyle MacLachlan) is pressured into having a drink. He asks for a Heineken. Frank (Dennis Hopper) says "HEINEKEN? F_CK HEINEKEN! PABST BLUE RIBBON."

Frank is one of the most frightening characters in modern film, joined by Hannibal Lecter and, I would argue, the new Joker.

I'll just have my Balvenie.

Miss_Bella_Hell

Hemingway Jones said:

But Pabst won the blue ribbon in the 1893 Chicago World's Fair. Has the recipe changed since then?

tortswon

Practically Family
My drink of choice

I'll be drinking mai tais in support of my candidate's roots. If his opponent looks like he is going to win, it's straight to shots of tequila. Regardless, I wish the winner and America good luck and success (that will be the toast all night). Best, Sam

John Boyer

A-List Customer
I can't imagine feeling much like partying after this year's election; kudos to you that do! :( Therefore, the already mentioned Hemlock sound's like a reasonable choice. Otherwise, I might consider a few rounds of Rob Roy's or, better yet, some "made from scratch" B&B's.:) John

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy