Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Elephant Skin questions

Edward

Bartender
I'll echo the previous sentiments. I've found PB to be fantastic in all respects. Pricey, but you pay for excellent products. I have two denims and love them, some braces, multiple Henley shirts, and the 1942 Utah (basically the 2nd Pattern Tanker) jacket, and everything is wonderful. The tanker has some historical inaccuracies, but not so much that it screams of a bad Ralph Lauren attempt, etc. Thing I hate most is the zipper on the wrong (European) side, when its a copy of a US jacket. Collar is about an inch too tall, and the liner is too warm to be a real tanker, LOL. But their stuff is sized for tall modern people to be able to enjoy, and I really appreciate that. Will definitely order a lot more in the future.

How have you found the sizing? I'm keen on their workwear waistcoats, but I vary in size in a waistcoat a lot, and it can be hard without being able to try one on first to know whether a 46 will be 'just right' and a '48' fit like a loose gilet on me, or a 46 be like a sausage skin and the 48 be just right. My waistline is, as of a year ago, once more smaller than my chest, but waistcoats seem to be especially prone to being cut crazy-slim.

TartuWolf

Practically Family
@Edward
I can only comment that the one I have (seen in my first post in this thread) has no taper, as boxy as it gets.
Size XS:
Pit to pit : ~44cm
Waist : ~44cm
Bottom hem : ~44cm

Edward

Bartender
@Edward
I can only comment that the one I have (seen in my first post in this thread) has no taper, as boxy as it gets.
Size XS:
Pit to pit : ~44cm
Waist : ~44cm
Bottom hem : ~44cm

Thanks, that's very helpful to know. It's the waist region that causes me trouble with a lot of these things if they are a "tailored" fit that assumes rather more of a chest-to-waist-drop than I can boast (though it's nice to have one of those again, rather than it be a 'flare' as it was for some years!).

TartuWolf

Practically Family
Elephant skin related? No.
PB related? Yes.
+1 for Pike Brothers!
Awesome Henley shirts. ~70eu each. Ordered 4, kept 2, sent 2 back.
Highly recommended, great fabric, fit and buttons. Decent price.
PXL_20230508_115428180.jpg
PXL_20230508_115518999.jpg
PXL_20230508_115830153.jpg
PXL_20230512_134055850.jpg

naancy98

New in Town
Elephant skin is a fascinating topic of discussion. It is known for its unique texture, which is thick, rough, and wrinkled. The skin's thickness provides protection to the elephant, acting as a shield against external elements. Additionally, the wrinkles in their skin play a crucial role in regulating body temperature by increasing surface area and aiding in heat dissipation. The skin also helps elephants maintain hydration, as they can store water in their folds. However, it is important to note that the demand for elephant skin products, such as leather, poses a significant threat to their population. Conservation efforts are essential to protect these magnificent creatures and their remarkable skin

Davy Crockett

A-List Customer
Hi Naancy,
Not sure if you are just having a giggle here, but Pike Bros “Elephant Skin” is just a very tough cotton, so as they say no animals were harmed in the production of this fabric!

D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner