Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ELMC Products

Mich486

One Too Many
I think I would like it slightly trimmer overall. Also the sleeves look a bit too long but I like them on the short side. Probably the next size down would be spot on but who knows. The gamble of buying stuff without trying it on...

Can you return it though? I thought Eastman didn’t accept returns on the long versions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think that this style jacket is okay a bit longer, for that casual relaxed look. Pretty much any jacket with a shirt collar imo.

How does the back of the jacket look?

El Marro

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Keep this jacket. As someone else pointed out you already have a good collection of trim fitting shorter jackets and this gives you a nice alternative to them. Looks great to me!

seres

A-List Customer
Keep the jacket!

The shoulders and chest are just perfect. This Californian style looks good slightly long, so just pull the waist adjusters in to cure any perceived boxy look. I think the Californian has two cuff buttons, so if the sleeves bother you just button the cuffs tighter. Eventually the sleeves will crease and shorten with wear. Beautiful jacket!

Bfd70

I'll Lock Up
Pn, what size is it?
Anyway to have someone else take the photo?
The selfie angle may be making it look longer?
I prefer slightly longer to slightly shorter, but it is much colder here.

LaymanX

One of the Regulars
Length looks fine. Will shorten as it breaks in.

However, if you're not comfortable with it, you will probably never reach for it over your other beauts.

Superfluous

PN, I prefer longer jackets. That said, this one looks a tad too long for you. The other issue is the placement of the hand warmer pockets. It appears that ELMC added length to the bottom, but kept the hand warmer pockets in the same location (rather then lowering the pockets). Thus, IMHO, the hand warmer pockets are too high and look out of place. Given your amazing collection of jackets, and your immediate concerns about this jacket, I strongly suspect that, if you keep it, it will see little or no wear. A $400 loss is undesirable, but better than a $1,400 loss if you keep the jacket but never wear it.

ProteinNerd

Pn, what size is it?
Anyway to have someone else take the photo?
The selfie angle may be making it look longer?
I prefer slightly longer to slightly shorter, but it is much colder here.

So many replies.....that will teach me to post a question before going to bed!

I’ll get some better pics up in the next day or so, it may be the angle of the selfie that exacerbates the length. The back length is 25 inches so sizing down to the R instead of L will only shorten it by 1 inch.

This jacket is tagged a 42L but according to the measurements guides its pretty much a 40L

Pit to pit 22”
Shoulder 18.5”
Back 25”

Fonzie

One Too Many
I’d leave it as it is, seeing the prices that leather tailors charge here in Oz.
To trim 1” they might charge you $200 unless you know a reliable and efficient cheaper one.
I reckon just use it for a couple of seasons and if it doesn’t grow on you trade it for something you might like later on or sell it, if ELMC puts the prices up you might not loose as much as it will keep good value if you don’t modify it or abuse it, and you don’t really abuse your jackets so you’ll be sweet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ProteinNerd

I measured it up and it was actually longer in the sleeve and body than it was listed as so I’m returning it.

The seller wasn’t happy but he has agreed to refund the total cost as it was not as described. I had asked him to confirm the measurements before I purchased.

So now I’m on the look again....

pauleway

Practically Family
[QUOTE="HoosierDaddy ELCM products would be OK for those who could get by with off the rack R & L but for those of us that are tall it's a definite 'look elsewhere' situation.
HD[/QUOTE]

Or us who are short!

bn1966

ELMC jackets..seen them at close range..lovely...shame they don't size up to 48!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pablosstuff