Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Embroidery Removal

Tom Zeller

New in Town
I purchased the pictured A2 Jacket on ebay earlier this year. The embroidered insignia and slogan are unknown to me. I have done some research without sucess. I'm thinking of having the embroidery removed. Any suggestions.

Attachments

• ebay284571694976.1.JPG
    ebay284571694976.1.JPG
    166.4 KB · Views: 93
  • A2Logo CloseUp.2.jpg
    A2Logo CloseUp.2.jpg
    275.5 KB · Views: 90

Tom Zeller

New in Town
Thank you for your replies. I pretty much thought the removal of the embroidery would leave holes, how noticeable would be a question. I don't believe Cooper did the embroidery, as the best I can see the middle portion of the wing has what appears to be a Frito Logo of the early 80's? As another member on this site told me months ago, this jacket likely was purchased at a BX and then add the embroidery. While it's possible Cooper industries could have sold this jacket as a lot and then had the embroidery sewn on. I added a mirror image from the inside of the jacket.

Attachments

• FritoLayMirrorIMG.jpg
    FritoLayMirrorIMG.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 61

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
I've removed embroidery from a hoodie before. It was a painstaking process. I definitely would not do it again. It's not so much the stitch holes but the embroidery actually leaves an imprint in the fabric or in your case leather. Even after you removed the stitches the logo is still there. Patches are different, they just leave an outline but embroidery is there forever, even without stitches. Best to just patch over or move on if it's not to your liking.

Tom Zeller

New in Town
That was my thinking as well. I was going to see if I could get it done at a leather cleaners. My only issue is wearing the jacket which I love, and unable to explain the meaning of the embroidered logo and slogan.

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
The words are small enough they won't be so visible. But the wings logo is gonna be there even after removing the threads. Breaking the Barrier - sound barrier? 1947 was a long time ago...

Tom Zeller

New in Town
I'm almost convinced this logo/slogan was from a Frito Lay promotion or an in company advertising project. I did reach out to Frito Lay, but never heard back from them. I did think about covering it, but the size of the embroidery 5""x 1 3/4" is too much area to cover without looking out of place.
Thanks for your thoughts and suggestions.
Tom

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
find a cool patch that you like, or probably leather painted patch, and sew it on top of that embroidery, seeing it is an A2 it is very patchable.

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
I am eating my Lays as I am looking at this thread! Was the jacket part of the executives retreats or package? Or were they given away to customers?
Honestly at first glance I thought they had to do with some type of flight/flying thing. The wings. Now I'd know they are Frito Lay I'd say keep them! Who doesn't like the assorted packs at Costco.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko