Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Emerald City

cherry lips

Call Me a Cab
iHh03P2VOoa7ih0k4UY5vnavo1_400.jpg

iHh03P2VOor3mfksiuKGFLTqo1_400.jpg

Lillemor

One Too Many
:eek:fftopic: Several blue eyed women have told me they can't wear green. I don't really understand why not but apparently it does something to the appearance of their eyes. Well, if any one color in any shade of that color could contribute to my eyes appearing a different color I'd be all over it. Green seem so universally flattering to me. While I LOVE COLORS and my favorites might change, green is the one static favorite. No green is wrong in my eyes. I think green has an unfair "passive" and "safe" reputation.

62y7bjbys4d76l4bhlv.jpg

conniefrancis-fancard.JPG

There are better versions of this one:
4434926fc4f9c79d2f19a7d83c45e1f5_full.jpg

crwritt - love the dress and the shades of green.

crwritt

One Too Many
Thank you Lillemore.
I have some blue eyed people in my family, also hazel eyed people. Hazel eyes are a mix of blue and green, sometimes green and brown. When my husband wears blue, his hazel eyes look very blue. With green or brown, his eyes will look more greenish. This may be what your blue eyed friends are talking about.
Wearing blue brings out the blue in their eyes. Wearing green may make their eye color look more grayish.
With brown eyes such as mine, and, I assume, yours, the colors we wear doesn't seem to affect how they look as much.

Lillemor

One Too Many
crwritt said:
Thank you Lillemore.
I have some blue eyed people in my family, also hazel eyed people. Hazel eyes are a mix of blue and green, sometimes green and brown. When my husband wears blue, his hazel eyes look very blue. With green or brown, his eyes will look more greenish. This may be what your blue eyed friends are talking about.
Wearing blue brings out the blue in their eyes. Wearing green may make their eye color look more grayish.
With brown eyes such as mine, and, I assume, yours, the colors we wear doesn't seem to affect how they look as much.

Ah! Thank you. My husband has blue eyes. His fair rosy complexion and blond hair looks good with green so I encourage it but come to think of it; I often ask him if his eyes have gone greyer over time. I love all eye colors and different shades so it's not an issue, I'm just of a nosy nature.lol Dusty or powdery blues do more to make his eyes sparkle clear blue though.

cherry lips

Call Me a Cab
Lillemor said:
I think green has an unfair "passive" and "safe" reputation.
I agree. I used to associate green with the natural look (woodsy, eco, hippie), but now I like to think of it as poison. It all has to do with which shade you choose.

iHh03P2VOnirrtqfrlgvidzKo1_500.jpg

iHh03P2VOn8mry6prK2j7bpfo1_400.jpg

Lillemor

One Too Many
I look good in some poisonous shades of green that most Danes steer clear of. I had a very toxic green Spring/Summer jacket that made people cringe.lol But it suited me!

meena-kumari-wallpaper.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pablosstuff