Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Engineer Boots, Harness Boots...

I have Frye Brando boots from 4 years ago, and they aren't as good as many other options out there. I bought my wife the FRye Veronica boots, and they work for her, but she only wears them out to dinner or lunch. Never for riding or anything burly. I'd compare them to the other ladies boots from dept. stores.

@SpeedRcrX- those Wecos look great!

Thank you to everyone for all the info on the engineering boots. The Wescos look awesome; however, I couldn't find that model on the companies site - is it an older one or custom?

SpeedRcrX

One Too Many
This is the link to the Wesco Women's boss

https://www.wescoboots.com/builder/WomensCustomBoot.aspx?id=w_Boss

And yes it's a custom order.

After a year of wearing them.

fd3ad248b4ec0c6c80e49e4b7a83be78.jpg

Last edited:

leather coffin

New in Town
I'm getting ready to order a pair of Wesco boss boots with a harness toe. I really want to include the toe caps, But I'm unsure what the harness toe will look like with toe caps, Could someone please post some detailed pictures of what that would look like? Thank you very much

Gav

Practically Family
They break in fast. The black top coat wears to brown to look vintagey very quickly.
Mine have not been pampered... by riding a motorcycle. I have a prominent wear point from the gear shift. I'll get some quick and dirty pictures up later.
They are my favorite shape engineer and the features like Shinki horsehide, brass buckles, long straps, soft toe makes them the best choice out there for me.
I agree the price is high although, I picked mine up in Japan when the exchange rate was good and that made them cheaper than most equivalents like Brian the bookmaker, lofgren, mister freedom, even wesco custom.
As long as you get the damn things on...

edit, with pictures..
25223922374_b96357d42e_c.jpg

25733510212_4f5259c167_c.jpg

Last edited:

belopsky

A-List Customer
Another thing to keep in mind though is that some of these boots are just not possible for fat feet, which leaves Brian, Wesco, White's, Viberg..some are more period-correct than others. If I were to get another boot I think I'd try Wesco.

Gav

Practically Family
Yeah that is true. Although these are pretty forgiving and roomy once your foot is in. I have wide feet and a high instep, wesco boss in the same size as these were cripplingly tight across the instep for example, I had to sell them on.
The bitch about attractions is how hard they can be to actually get on without giving yourself a hernia

Blackadder

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Similar situation here. 8 and a half extra wide is my size but I have to go up to size 9 for my Attractions which is ok just as my Old Joe but with Buco, Beck and Lofgren, I have to go up to 9 and a half which is why I gave up on those. I ended up getting the Motor 3rd Gen in 8 and a half (same size as my Lone Wolf) which fit very nicely. I recently tried the new Viberg and found their 8 and a half to fit quite perfectly as well so I ordered a pair in natural CXL.

Oy! I love the Attractions....
Someone sell me a pair in 9.5!!!!
(cheaply, please :) )
or maybe Bretron's 10s would fit...hmmm

Last edited:
Is it true that the Attractions run 1/2 size large?
So, they fit like Wolverine 1000mi ?
My normal 9.5 would need a 9 boot?

Blackadder

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Is it true that the Attractions run 1/2 size large?
So, they fit like Wolverine 1000mi ?
My normal 9.5 would need a 9 boot?
I'd say the Attraction is E to EE width. They are not really longer than Wesco Boss but they are definitely wider than a D width Wesco

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner