Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Engineer Boots, Harness Boots...

Alex Neves

New in Town
My 8 years old pair of Justins. Made in the USA.
13315782_1174905829240026_7280868069381509277_n.jpg

13343125_1174905882573354_1478280258632588234_n.jpg
13339531_1174905895906686_880064260284640805_n.jpg

belopsky

A-List Customer
I was told "I will begin your boots on January 22nd 2017", then there's the build time, so I figured on around 10 months personally.
Yeah, it's pretty silly now. He needs an apprentice. You're basically looking at close to 1.5-2 years to get the boots now.

RMF308

One of the Regulars
I was quoted 10 months total.

I placed my deposit in late April and was given the same January 22nd date but was told that that the was date when the new waiting list opened up. I guess it all means the same but wanted to quote Brian exactly:

"The next waiting list will be open on January 22, 2016. A $200 dollar deposit is required to claim your spot on the next waiting list. Because each pair is handmade it will take 6-7 weeks to complete your boots."

Really looking forward to these Role Club club boots whenever they arrive :)

Last edited:

RMF308

One of the Regulars
Me too. I plan to stop by his shop the next time I'm in LA. I prefer that Brian take my measurements vs me trying to do it and getting something wrong.

Alex Neves

New in Town
Hello,

I would love to buy a pair of Lofgrens boots, but living in Brazil I have to deal with killer import fees (60% + 18% over goods and freight cost). So I'm looking for other options (last week a lost an auction on ebay for a new pair of Lofgrens with a really good price).

Any thoughts on Frye Engineer Artisanal?

Cheers.

A

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hello,

I would love to buy a pair of Lofgrens boots, but living in Brazil I have to deal with killer import fees (60% + 18% over goods and freight cost). So I'm looking for other options (last week a lost an auction on ebay for a new pair of Lofgrens with a really good price).

Cheers.

A
I have several pairs of Fryes, and they're all very well made. I've seen the Artisinals on Ebay going for heavily discounted prices, but what worries me about those vendors is that some have a no-return policy and, especially with engineers, the sizing is often a problem. Also, I received a pair of lace-ups from one of those sites that are very nice but have more lace-holes on one side than the other. Nordstrom Rack, though, sells Fryes at quite a discount, and the last time I looked they had the Artisanals. I just got a pair of Chelsea boots last week for $179.00 that are very nice. Nordstrom accepts returns, as well.

John_Z

Familiar Face
Hello,

Cheers.

A
Hi Alex

John Lofgren's can be bought in the UK from ELMC. I have a pair. I'd be willing to buy on your behalf given the funds & ship at cost to you with an 'import friendly' declaration. The shipping would be heavily discounted as I'd use my employers DHL account. Assuming they have your size in stock of course. Ignore the rubbish they have on their site re. sizing. I'm convinced the sizes are US, not UK & they definitely don't run big. I speak from experience.

Alex Neves

New in Town
Hi Alex

John Lofgren's can be bought in the UK from ELMC. I have a pair. I'd be willing to buy on your behalf given the funds & ship at cost to you with an 'import friendly' declaration. The shipping would be heavily discounted as I'd use my employers DHL account. Assuming they have your size in stock of course. Ignore the rubbish they have on their site re. sizing. I'm convinced the sizes are US, not UK & they definitely don't run big. I speak from experience.

Hi John

You are very kind, thank you!

I checked the ELMC, and also East West Apparel, but they don’t have my size (11.5 or 12).

I’ll keep looking, couple days ago a pair was sold on ebay for 542 US$.

Cheers.

Alex

John_Z

Familiar Face
Hi John

You are very kind, thank you!

I checked the ELMC, and also East West Apparel, but they don’t have my size (11.5 or 12).

I’ll keep looking, couple days ago a pair was sold on ebay for 542 US$.

Cheers.

Alex
No problem Alex. I would have been happy to help

Good luck with your search

I'm interested. Engineer-boots are looking very very good, but, is there a special advantage on them, that they are still so popular, today?

Are they suitable for short hikes, like todays walking-boots with damping soles?

Dav

One Too Many
Not sure of the advantages of them, apart from preventing my new pup from biting my ankles, but they are very comfortable to wear if fitted properly, bit like a leather sock.
I wear all of mine for regular dog walking duties, so I think they're fine for short walk.

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here
That's very true about sizing. If you're ordering them online, you should make sure they're returnable. For some reason, engineers are often oversized. Also, they're fine for short walks, but for longer ones or if you're going to be on your feet all day I wouldn't advise them, as their weight can become noticeable and tiring.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner