Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Engineer Boots, Harness Boots...

Edward

Bartender
The "Ariat - stonewall west" boots finally have arrived.
They're perfect! Comfortable, the color is perfect mocha brown, the soles are quiet rubber and shock absorbing, there's room in the toe and no tightness, they don't slip when I walk and the leather smells heavenly! Between my new brown leather gloves and these boots, I smell like a heavenly leather shop when I walk.

These were worth the wait.
Though I must admit I should have listened to the wife...again. She told me to just get what I liked...but no, I had to be a skinflint and try to find a perfect used pair.
*smack forehead*
Now after suffering for weeks, I finally decided to listen.
They say a hard head makes a sore...lol.

Now to figure out of I'm going to wear them to my rifle instructor training this weekend...

497919622da1551e62529015993f06c5.jpg

Sent from my LG-M210 using Tapatalk

I'll be interested to see how that leather breaks in - they look almost black on my monitor. Nice heel-shape; I like all variations of engineers, but sometimes the low heel is nice to see as it's so much rarer on American boots (much more common here in the UK, where Brit-designed bike boots tend to the lower heel, much like English horse-riding boots).

Dm101

A-List Customer
I'll be interested to see how that leather breaks in - they look almost black on my monitor. Nice heel-shape; I like all variations of engineers, but sometimes the low heel is nice to see as it's so much rarer on American boots (much more common here in the UK, where Brit-designed bike boots tend to the lower heel, much like English horse-riding boots).

So far, they're very supple!
No creases in the leather, even after a weekend of wearing them straight...indoors and outdoors hiking to the range. I have had to remove the stock insoles put two insoles into them to take up the slack some. They're a size 9.5 and the only available ones to purchase on amazon instead of the 9 I wear. I figured I could work with it and I was right. The 9.5 allows for more room in the toebox while still enabling the ability to shore up any slack with proper supportive insoles. The insoles that came with them were trash though...
They fit comfortably now and don't slip off at all, and the insoles combined with the softer soles on the boots make them cushy to walk and stand in.

I will, however, have to study to maintain them. The leather scuffs pretty easily and I don't want these to be destroyed. I really don't want to start this search all over again. I haven't been able to find these boots in too many places and I think I may have gotten the last of old stock on amazon. If I can find another pair for sale I may buy them just to have another on hand should something happen to these...

deaner33

New in Town
I bought a pair of the Ariats on a whim a while back. They were cheap and I was intrigued by the red soles. They are comfortable, but are much more fashion boot than heavy duty workbook. I’m pretty sure they are glued construction.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Colin G

One Too Many
A single midsole in a Wesco is pretty stiff so double would be one hell of a break in period.

I just bought some Wesco Jobmaster and dropped a 1/2 size down from my usual sneaker size.

I found they fit a bit wide for a D width and the toe box area is quite wide also but mine were lace to toe so I am unsure if that had an affect on fit. The welt was also quite wide especially on the inner arch area and the welt was around 3/4" wide so the boots looked like canoe paddles while on. I tried a stock pair with the thicker Vibram 100 sole.

I need to email Baker shoe and see if a different sole would have a thinner welted area as the ones with the 100 sole looked so big.

regius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
These, I like!
Nice soles, low rise heel, leather looks comfy, shaft isn't too huge, buckles below as above...
What are these?

Low rise heel? These are pretty darn high 2”. They are the 100th Anniversary edition Wesco with CXL Horsehide

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bfd70

I'll Lock Up
Thanks fellas that’s what we needed.
Deaner what boots are those?
Regius, looks like you’re putting good work on those quickly.

regius

Actually I really like those. Looks like they’ve got that hug your foot feel like a cowboy boot. What are they?

You have good eyes, they are hand last & nailed by James the Oregon Bootmaker (JOB). The last is in fact similar to cowboy last.

Bfd70

I'll Lock Up
Cool. I thought they had a flatter toe box, but it looks nice and roomy like my RW. Can you compare the sizing to anything else?

regius

Yes, this last is comparable to whites semi dress. So, I wear 8.5 in Redwing heritage. I wear 8.5, but PREFER 9 in Aldens. I wear 8.5 E or preferably EE in Wesco, so, these fit like 8.5 of Alden’s with a snug instep (due to him purposefully fitting it to my measurement).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21