Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Engineer Boots, Harness Boots...

regius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
i am very tempted to buy a pair of British Tan Wesco, or the Mr Lou, but I learned the heel height is 1.5", not 1.75", which makes a huge visual difference. Now, I can custom order a pair of Wesco for added height (which should amount to 1.75, considering their "standard" is 1.5), but 1) there's always a risk that Wesco may send me boots with 2" heel, because it is my strong impression that they are not very accurate, they don't think the heel height minor nuances is a big deal, also, my previous pair turned up with 1" heel when i chose "standard", 2) I'm thinking of taking my existing boots to a cobbler and replace with better looking, curved, higher, stacked heels and save tons of money. Will have to wait for the end of curfew.

VestCoast

A-List Customer
i am very tempted to buy a pair of British Tan Wesco, or the Mr Lou, but I learned the heel height is 1.5", not 1.75", which makes a huge visual difference. Now, I can custom order a pair of Wesco for added height (which should amount to 1.75, considering their "standard" is 1.5), but 1) there's always a risk that Wesco may send me boots with 2" heel, because it is my strong impression that they are not very accurate, they don't think the heel height minor nuances is a big deal, also, my previous pair turned up with 1" heel when i chose "standard", 2) I'm thinking of taking my existing boots to a cobbler and replace with better looking, curved, higher, stacked heels and save tons of money. Will have to wait for the end of curfew.

My British Tan 7500s are 1 3/4" heel height. Where did you get that measurement? I personally wouldn't go custom for a detail like that.

regius

My British Tan 7500s are 1 3/4" heel height. Where did you get that measurement? I personally wouldn't go custom for a detail like that.
i wonder if you could measure the length of the heel cap? i think it's longer than 3". RoleClub heel cap is 3", so while at 1.75" height, it necessitates a taper, plus the concave curve, you get the visual effect. It's like cowboy, but not too extreme

regius

upload_2020-3-27_22-22-44.png

the wesco has more vertical front fascia of the heel, less curvature on the rear. this particular roleclub could be 2" high so let's not compare the height, but how the heel curve and angle really adds to the visual difference

VestCoast

A-List Customer
i wonder if you could measure the length of the heel cap? i think it's longer than 3". RoleClub heel cap is 3", so while at 1.75" height, it necessitates a taper, plus the concave curve, you get the visual effect. It's like cowboy, but not too extreme

Length of the rubber heel cap on a size 10.5 7500 is 3 1/4".

VestCoast

A-List Customer
@VestCoast
Would you say the shaft on the vibergs is big, small, or average?
The opening diameter is ~4 1/2", which is a half inch smaller than Wesco's 7400. I will say that because the Vibergs are shorter it makes the opening feel bigger as it's lower on the calf. I prefer a wider shaft in the heat though, breathes a lot better.

Bfd70

I'll Lock Up
I on the other hand prefer a very narrow shaft. My calves are only identified as such because they sit beneath my knees and above my ankles. Silly skinny.

regius

the sole maker O'Sullivan, I'm sure it's gone but who is currently making repros of them? I believe when you see a pair of wings around the heel cap edge, it is O Sullivan, RoleClub has customized embossment but someone makes the rubber, same as CLINCH.

Bfd70

I'll Lock Up
226E3AB0-FDEB-4616-85F4-744ACE22A851.jpeg
58FE8F65-1F4B-42EF-A157-FA8CDED792C5.jpeg

These are my Lofgrens. Today marks 5 months of pretty heavy wear. I’ve been able to fly them under the radar at work since they’re black so they’ve received more foot time then would otherwise be possible. I’m super happy with the way they have broken in. The are getting more and more comfortable with each passing week.
This morning I received an alert that a package was delivered. If the fit works this pair will need to be splitting time.

VestCoast

A-List Customer
Lofgrens are so nice, and those black ones are wearing in fantastically. I had a trip to SF planned in April and was going to try on a pair of Lofgrens at S&S but looks like that's not happening. Whats the leather on the Eastman makeup?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana