Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Engineer Boots, Harness Boots...

Ishmael

Practically Family
Leather is relatively thick (thicker than the CXL on my Aldens), but still pliable. I wouldn't say it's super "soft" but it's certainly not "stiff" by any means. It is, for example, obviously much softer than Wesco's.

Here is a pic of some worn boots in the same leather and color. It darkens to a nice brown red and seems to hold up well.

667564_zps4aecb116.jpg

Ishmael

Practically Family
Yeah, I bet the 12 is too small then. And, anyway, there aren't any more 12s available anywhere at the moment. You should shoot John a mail and let him know you're interested in a 13.

bretron

Call Me a Cab
Just scored some second hand Toy's McCoy Becks; pretty stinkin stoked!! Should take delivery by end of week and will update with some fit pics (provided, of course, they fit :) )!!

Last edited:

bretron

Call Me a Cab
Sorry my bad, Toy's McCoy- and yeah, I'm pretty darn sure they're all sold out. At least in double tanned horse

Here are some shots (from the seller)

97978182-E8C2-47D9-9EF3-8E1A336E2A36-13120-00000F87BBFF9B6A.jpg

034EBA2D-8DD8-4289-8B8C-B7B478AE0905-13120-00000F87C10E57D3.jpg

I'll take and post some better photos upon receipt

Last edited:

jimmer_5

Practically Family
Those look fantastic Bret - I am really jealous! I don't think they ever made those in a 13 though.... :)

We defintely need lots of good pics when you receive them.

bretron

Call Me a Cab
Jimmer, thx man. I'm pretty damn stoked. Was thinking I was a soft toe only guy but the toe profile plus John's (of VEB) wear shots of these convinced me to give em a shot!

Size 13? = no JP boots for you :(

Ishmael

Practically Family
Bretron, those look great! Looking forward to some more pics, and details on the fit. I've heard that the McCoys have a pretty narrow shaft that can be a chore to get into, somewhat like the RRLs. Hopefully they fit you well.

injunjack

One of the Regulars
If those are same Beck's I had for a very short while, they were nearly impossible to get your foot in. I ended up selling mine after trying them on 3 times. Took ages to get them on and off.

Edit, boots were pretty much unworn, and I don't have specially high instep. Never have had difficulties to get correct size boots on. Once they were on, the fit was good , TTS 9D

Last edited:

jimmer_5

Practically Family
Bret - I can't speak for the Toy's McCoy boots, but my RRL Engineer boots (Julian made) continue to be a challenge to put on and take off. It only takes a minute, but it requires a technique. I was thinking about getting rid of them the other day (I want a Black pair of White's Nomads) but once I got them on my feet, I remembered why I like them. They are really beautifully made, goo fitting boots. It just takes a bit to get them on. I may try stretchign them again. My point is don;t keep them if they really don't work for you, but if they are frustrating, give yourself a few days to get used to them. You may change your mind.

Edward

Bartender
Idle question.... I was wearing my cordovan Bootlegger yesterday, and got to wondering... does anyone make an engineer boot in a burgundy colour? I'd be curious to see that....

Boyo

Call Me a Cab
Idle question.... I was wearing my cordovan Bootlegger yesterday, and got to wondering... does anyone make an engineer boot in a burgundy colour? I'd be curious to see that....

Edward,

As I have a Aero halfbelt Cordovan on order I have been thinking about footwear as well.. I am leaning towards wearing black shoes (although, with russet colored stiching), what is your usual footwear color choice while wearing your bootlegger?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran