Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Engineer Boots, Harness Boots...

Bunyip

Call Me a Cab
Yes! Yes! Yes! Great stuff Dickie. That seemed reasonably quick? Not 16 weeks? They look great, post some build specs and more pics when you get a chance mate, they are superb.

Dickie Teenie

A-List Customer
Those are Boss with the MP toe, I wasn't very clear as my mind was getting those suckers on. I think it's the 1339 last if I remember correctly. I'll get more pic's soon Bunyip. It took just under 12 weeks for them to arrive here in Greece.

Last edited:

bretron

Call Me a Cab
Yes 1339 (aka the Narrow) last, which is the MP last built for a higher heel. Dickie, post up some more pics soon! I'm really interested to see that brown domain in different lighting.

Dickie Teenie

A-List Customer
Kyboots, they're 11" tall. Bunyip, yes the strraps are 2" longer. I like the vibram 430 soles, I wanted something with more bite than the half soles on my White's and these do just that without looking too industrial. I like the Brown Domain leather a lot, much better than the WESCO's regular brown or the dress brown on my White's semi dress. Did I say i like, I love this leather! Breton, here's a couple more pic's that come close to what they look like.
10295335_689223977787394_8244381510295509846_o.jpg
1913458_689224134454045_608743505277965537_o.jpg

Last edited:

jimmer_5

Practically Family
Holy cow, Univibe, those are fantastic! Can you post your specs? I am seeing black Chromexcel, double midsoles, brown stain, and possibly an extra lift in the heel? Maybe a close trim?

It's kind of odd that you just go those in - I just got my black Nomads back from Whites today (mine are near identical specs to yours, but natural stain and no Chromexcel). Sadly, I couldn't adjust to the taller heel, and I had to send them back To have the extra lift removed. They looked incredible with it, but they felt weird and as result, I wasn't wearing them. I have worn lots of cowboy boots with standard walking heels, but these felt even more pronounced.

univibe88

One Too Many
Thanks Jimmer! You nailed it. And I went soft toe with vibram 700 half sole.

Congrats on your new Nomads also. Sounds like you have the whole family of smooth leathers now.

Last edited:

Bunyip

Call Me a Cab
Has anyone tried the wolverine Stockton engineers? Failing that, does anyone have an opinion re quality?thanks.

Kato

Familiar Face
Has anyone tried the wolverine Stockton engineers? Failing that, does anyone have an opinion re quality?thanks.

It is not my cup of tea

I don't like their buckle , the midsole seems too thin that looks like a dress shoes.

Besides, this is not horween leather ![huh]

BTW, I hv pre-ordered Phigvel horsehide engineer brown , the spec is very attractive :

Constructed from lightweight, extremely durable 2.5mm-2.8mm vegetable tanned hindquarter horsehide (including shell cordovan layer)

Base of leather is dyed brown, then hand-painted with Phigvel's original dyes and oils

http://www.hickorees.com/brand/phigvel/product/horsehide-engineer-boots-brown

Last edited:

bretron

Call Me a Cab
I was really eyeing those Phigvels for awhile, but just couldn't get past the heel. Seems too low IMO. Ace Boots seem to also go with the same heel profile.

Then again, if I had Kato's collection and was still hunting for my next pair, phigvel might just be the ticket :D ;) (anyone peeped the Clinch by Brass Tokyo? Now those are some nice engineers

smoothsailor

One of the Regulars
I was really eyeing those Phigvels for awhile, but just couldn't get past the heel. Seems too low IMO. Ace Boots seem to also go with the same heel profile.

Then again, if I had Kato's collection and was still hunting for my next pair, phigvel might just be the ticket :D ;) (anyone peeped the Clinch by Brass Tokyo? Now those are some nice engineers

I asked about them when I was in contact with them when they resoled my redwings. I was tempted but was strong. They sure are nice

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DavidZL